IGNORED

A PCMCIA card that records in stereo

goffer

In my laptop I have the creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and was tricked by their clever wording thinking it recorded in stereo. Are there any PCMCIA cards out there that record in stereo that are under $100? maybe a tiny bit over $100.

Thanks!

Well, what Ins/Outs specifically do you need?

Does it HAVE to be PCMCIA? Unless your laptop is reallyreally old, I'd imagine you have IEEE 1394 (Firewire) ports on it... in which case either the Behringer FCA202 F-Control or the M-Audio Traveller seem like good options, depending on the input type you're looking for (the Behringer has 1/4" analog ins, the M-Audio has 1/8" single line stereo cable analog but also has SPDIF optical/coax ins).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the quick reply. The out/ins dont matter... i have an 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. and i do have firewire. Which of those two would you suggest?

Well it all depends on what you have and what you need. I wouldn't really recomend converting 1/8" to 1/4" unless you absolutely need to.

The question really is, what gear do you have now that you would like to plug into your laptop?

I have a Korg ESX1 with some M-Audio DX4 studio speakers and a friend of mine has a mircokorg . I use Acid Pro 5 to capture my audio and plan on getting another drummer boy with a mixer.

ive got and indigo i/o which is in stereo. got it for like $130

Edit: I also have a hard time believing your card doesn't record in stereo. What crap! (if it is true)

ive got and indigo i/o which is in stereo. got it for like $130

Edit: I also have a hard time believing your card doesn't record in stereo. What crap! (if it is true)

It's true... like i said they are clever with their wording. That looks like a nice card... i might have to look into that. thanks!

if you only need one set of i/o, the m-audio audiophile, firewire or usb is wicked.

also, the edirol ua65 (i think that's the model number... do a google and compare it with the m-audio... they are very similar.)

and stay the fuck away from creative labs in future... they are notoriously utter shit.

• 2 weeks later...

i ended up getting an M-Audio Audiophile for $80 used from some guy up town. It's a beast! I love it.

Archived