IGNORED

watmm bpm share

Fred McGriff

I'm in the process of cataloging bpms of all my vinyls, just curious if anyone else who mixes with vinyl does the same and would be interested in keeping some sort of joint database / spreadsheet. i've also done mixes with software and bpm spreadsheets have come in handy there too... though it's a bit easier as there is freeware that will scan your entire digital collection and calculate bpms. right now for the vinyl I'm tapping it out using this site:

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

the columns on my spreadsheet look like this:

artist, album, song, position (i.e. a3 or b4), bpm, rating (scale of 1-10), extra notes

even if you don't have interest in spinning, it's a good way to run through your record collection and rate each and every track, and you could be contributing to a good cause if you participate :D

Guest Ron Manager

someday, when i am rich and/or famous, and i have time, decent amount of physical living space, and most importantly a second turntable, i will get into this and contribute, because it's a good idea. sadly i cannot at the moment.

i should find this free digital BPM detector, that might encourage me to do something in the meantime.

edit: this presumably?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I use the one by MixMeister called, for some weird reason, "BPM Analyzer." I can vouch for it.

http://www.mixmeister.com/download-bpmanalyzer.php

But I'm sure the one you're linking is perfectly capable as well

I'm currently using this to analyze the bpm of my digital vinyls. before I was using the all8.com thing, which was sort of fun but very time-consuming. I don't even dj; I'm just doing this to make workout playlists, which start out at around 120 bpm classic house tempos and end up at around the 140 dubstep level. I'm trying to be like the guy in my avatar, but with teh technos instead of 90s radio rock.

Archived