IGNORED

My first ever "ambient" track

BCM

Guest Barrichello

yeah - this is ok. nothing spectacular, it's close to falling into that all too wide chasm of overly simple minimalist synth ambience - maybe just doesn't have enough depth in the one or two discernable elements here. could have worked at half or third of the length without losing anything.

nice enough sound pallet but could do with more strokes of the brush perhaps.

I liked the beginning 2 minutes, not in the mood for 6 minutes :) Trying to stay awake tonight. this introspective stuff is cool, bet if you spend some more time on processing the sounds gradually the impact would be much greater, maybe? :)

:huh::cry:

Well, I thought it was fucking amazing. Guess I was wrong on that one. Bollocks.

it was pretty, but yeah, it didn't really go anywhere, and honestly, I stopped listening (I mean, it was still playing... I just stopped focusing on it) cause I wasn't really grabbed.

I agree with ~ism

Well, I thought it was fucking amazing.

There's such a thing as modesty man. I downloaded/listened, the first built up (first 2 minutes) are pretty good but it doesn't actually seem to do anything after that, just pseudo-randomly repeat again and again for the rest of the track.

OK as a first attempt, but you need to build up the track or just give it some sort of development or you'll bore everyone to death...

Well, I thought it was fucking amazing.

There's such a thing as modesty man.

JOKE Jesus. :rhubear1: :phone: :mcgriff: :laughing: :excl::flower: :devil:

just a tip... getting upset when people don't LOVE your track, doesn't exactly make people want to listen to more of your stuff.

Guest vodor

I enjoyed it! It was rather minimalistic and unprogressive, but that's how ambient should be sometimes.

just a tip... getting upset when people don't LOVE your track, doesn't exactly make people want to listen to more of your stuff.

I'm incredibly sorry and apologise for everything. EVERYTHING.

Guest thisket

It was nice. Great feelings inside. Just a little long.

I make songs that I like too long all the time.

This is quite nice.....the synths have a warm sound to them.....Brian Eno produced many tracks just like this.....really minimal/mellow/floaty/sad songs.....nice work.....this song makes for a lovely soundtrack to my day.....thanks.....if you have more, please share

Guest Promo

Just reading this thread made me crack up big time. Its got more drama than an episode of 'Desperate Housewives'! :laughing:

Mmm at this time of night I'd say its pleasant enough. I guess if the first minute is gonna be like the last minute then that's not so great but I dunno its chill and all that. Okay I'll shut and speak my mind when its finished.

Mmm I dunno maybe the ambience is perhaps too leading and not atonal enough. The problem as I see it; is that I'm concentrating too much on the little harmony/melody and I prefer my ambience to be really quite atonal. Yeah it does have that Eno/Budd derivative feel but then so much ambient music does as they were the pioneers. Mmm I kinda agree with the others a bit in that I feel it needs a bit more sophistication for 6 minutes. I don't mean to sound harsh but its a first attempt so I'll think you'll better this in time.

Guest iep

hehe you impatient mofos, you cant even enjoy a lush little piece of slow, hot, melodic waves because there are no lasers, 448bpm spd3 seqeuenced thinks 'n amens, mechs, and robots from the future after 1 minute of listening :grin:

i like the arrangement.. nice melodic progression.. the main synth is a little plain, ordinary.. not really interesting timbre-wise.. a bit thin and harmonic-less, you know, kind of dull..

but yeah i enjoyed it, overall! especially the melancholic, whiny voice in the background... it merged beautifully with the main melody...

i'd say, make more tracks in this vein, you'll get improve your attention to detail and your ability to make interesting arrangements...

Why thankyou! Cheers for all your comments people! Will try and make some more ambient, was working on one last night - shaping up to be a bit more interesting than this one....will post when done... :grin:

i really enjoyed this track! i like the sound and the melody. i'll probably listen to it quite a few more times (which i can't say i've done with any other EKT track yet)

Cheers! This is definitely a track you should listen to more than once - there are actually quite a lot of really subtle changes etc in it and most people probably won't hear them with one listen.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comment!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

this track is fucking great. i'm serious.

so dystopian and 80's. reminds me of harold budd. fuck the ADD breakcore addicts. sure i like vsnares but this is the kind of stuff you can just relax and drift into another world.

i don't know why but this track is so me.. it brings back so many memories of my childhood..

i have this little favourite mindstate of mine where so many different vague memories flash by and i concentrate on absolutely nothing and just dive into little pretty sights, and your track actually brings me into it, something i haven't managed to do with my own music and only a few tracks in the world accomplish this feat. this kind of feel.. i just love it..

people say it's too long? i could put this on loop and leave it on for the rest of the day. it's cold, mechanical, sad, but at the same time warm, fuzzy, nostalgic. like the womb of a robot mother. like the 80's vision of the future where robots and drug addicts reign on dark streets where the only light source is neon. it's broken, it's destroyed, but at the same time so beautiful. i'm getting close to tears here.. fuck. i mean i could go on talking about sound issues or whatever. youre probably not a musical genius but you really just fucking nailed it with this track.

thank you for making this. what chords did you use?

this track is fucking great. i'm serious.

so dystopian and 80's. reminds me of harold budd. fuck the ADD breakcore addicts. sure i like vsnares but this is the kind of stuff you can just relax and drift into another world.

i don't know why but this track is so me.. it brings back so many memories of my childhood..

i have this little favourite mindstate of mine where so many different vague memories flash by and i concentrate on absolutely nothing and just dive into little pretty sights, and your track actually brings me into it, something i haven't managed to do with my own music and only a few tracks in the world accomplish this feat. this kind of feel.. i just love it..

people say it's too long? i could put this on loop and leave it on for the rest of the day. it's cold, mechanical, sad, but at the same time warm, fuzzy, nostalgic. like the womb of a robot mother. like the 80's vision of the future where robots and drug addicts reign on dark streets where the only light source is neon. it's broken, it's destroyed, but at the same time so beautiful. i'm getting close to tears here.. fuck. i mean i could go on talking about sound issues or whatever. youre probably not a musical genius but you really just fucking nailed it with this track.

thank you for making this. what chords did you use?

NOT a musical genius??? I resent that! LOL.

Anyway, fucking thanks man, really nice to know you liked my tune! I'm the same, I've put this on loop for ages and just find myself getting more into it! Does't get boring to me.... Your comments are really appreciated though dude - I'm glad that I could invoke all those feelings and memories. I'm truly flattered.

As for the chords used, er, well I might have to work that one out a bit - I don't really know what a C chord sounds like or whatever - I just use stuff that I think sounds nice.

Keep it real, and thanks again!! :flower:

Guest mushroom

Would've been an ideal two minutes. Hell, three minutes would've been okay. But six? That's stretching it.

Archived