IGNORED

Synth Suites

th555

I was listening to Bach's Cello Suites, and suddenly realized these pieces are consisting of little more than a single monophonic melodic line. Are there any electronic tracks like this? Of course electronic music lacks two things that seem essential to music like this: limitations and expressive live performance. Bot are easily overcomable. I couldn't think of any examples though, so if you got one, feel free to post it here.

Of course I'll be trying this myself with the fruity piano roll editor and some automation, soon as I've got my midi keyboard hooked up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFpcGkGvIFc

Yes, but with original compositions ofc. Closest I could think of was Lansky's Mild und Leise (which is funny, because in the early seventies synths were definitely limited) but there's loads of chords in there of course.

Hecker's Acid in the style of David Tudor is the first thing that springs to mind. Not that it's very melodic.

Archived