IGNORED

Open Letter 2013

ascdi

Greetings watmm. Today is the day that my buddy’s crowd-sourced climate change campaign kicks off.

The campaign is called THE OPEN LETTER. This here is the thread where I politely tell you, hey, I think this is a pretty cool campaign. You should check it out. They have, in my opinion, a very interesting approach.

If you too are of the opinion that something needs to be done about CC, then you can read more about the campaign here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-open-letter

&

http://www.openletter2013.org

The idea is that we hope this turns into a massive, “viral” thing that blows through its goal and makes a lot of people sit up and take notice. So, we are trying to spread this link far and wide.

If this is something you are into, please consider pledging some cash, or at least spreading the link around to anyone else you think might be interested. Since watmm is an international community I thought it would be quite powerful to post the link here in the hopes that it gets passed around. Cheers!

:wang::fear:

Nice initiative. I've got one potential surprise for you btw, but the people who are being addressed may be, believe it or not, already well aware of the situation. Perhaps as much or even more so than the average CC activist. I know that's hard to believe for many people, but please consider this for a moment.

IMO, this letter should be send to all the people in those involved countries. Political will starts from the grassroots.

2 cts.

(still a good initiative, and like you say, if it becomes viral, it becomes "grassroots"...)

Guest RadarJammer

too bad they didn't crowd source the letter itself

whoever

Supporters of the Open Letter

Nellie McKesson, Steve Gintz, Joel Roston, Mike Gintz, Jordyn Bonds

are, i don't think they are capable of crafting a letter that will change the world

the letter reads like a spanking from your crazy aunt

sorry i'm more of a world-peace guy myself, but good luck with your agenda.

here's a petition you can sign for world peace:

lol!

sean pls.

will donate. like the incentive and hope it ends up working out! my faith in these types of things has been reignited with my friend getting funding for his documentary. people can be cool sometimes.

Guest cult fiction

This is a weird tactic. These rich folks' children will certainly not "suffer terribly" under the effects of climate change. Far from it, as they will move to newly excellent climates like northern canada in giant fortresses with automated turrets to protect them.

Haha, good watmming watmm. Thanks for reading up, those who did.

Obviously opinions differ on this issue or how best to go about tackling it—I just wanted to post about this because I think it’s a cool idea, it’s not your usual CC campaign, and I know these folks are sharp and have thought deeply about this.

I think the reason this is a “letter” is not because we’re assuming that these prominent people are totally unaware of climate change, that would be crazy. It’s more that the discussion has to be elevated and the idea of “an open letter”, in the traditional sense, is something a lot of people understand.

I do agree about the giant fortresses with automated turrets though.

Archived