IGNORED

Pusha T - My Name is My Name

doublename

SlVJylY.jpg

http://youtu.be/xcoBNzopBQ4

This leaked today and, dare I say it, I think it's a quality record. The content is mostly what you'd expect from major label rap, but it's pretty much the ideal big budget rap record. The one serious misstep is that awful Kelly Rowland feature, which sounds like it's been on a shelf since 2002. This will probably my first purchase of a rap album since Cancer 4 Cure.

Are you sure man?? judging by the first song "king push" this sounds a bit meh to me

he talks a lot of shit but doesn't seem to reach the penisswag level of A$ap rocky at all

i'd say you have to get Good kid, Maad city from kendrick lamar if you want quality

Sure the beats are fat on king push but check out this Kanye track, it has the same sample in it lol. It doens't even have beats but it is far more superior in everyway imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT3swdCJrrg&feature=player_detailpage

just trying to help :cat:

I like Good Kid Maad City a lot as well, but I think Kendrick is being praised for the rapper he has the potential to become and not for the rapper he is at the moment.

A$AP Rocky has yet to impress me, but the production on his album excellent. My favorite track of his so far is probably the one in GTA V, I can't remember what it's called right now. As ignorant as he is, I'd actually rather listen to Ferg rap most of the time.

And Yeezus... well I just can't get behind that record in any way. Kanye West is a phenomenon that I will never understand. That "New Slaves" beat is quality, but I can't take Kanye's bitching. His production is almost always wasted on his rapping.

I will admit to being a long time Clipse/Pusha T fanboy, so maybe I'm seeing this record for what it is yet. I've listened to it three or four times today and maybe 9 of 12 tracks have impressed me. That's far better than the 1 or 2 good tracks I typically expect from a mainstream Rap release.

^I'm not knocking him at all, I think he is the most promising young rapper in ages. He has no competition at all in his own age group. I just found Good Kid to be very inconsistent, and I felt a lot the praise it heaped upon had more to do with excitement over the artist's potential than its actual content. I'm splitting hairs here, because I really do think it was a quality album. It's just that the rush to class the record with the likes of AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted and Illmatic felt undeserved.

Archived