IGNORED

R.I.P. turntable.fm

Nebraska

Never tried it, was this one any better than plug.dj?

[taking study break to comment...]

It looks pretty similar.

I hit turntable.fm hard, was a mod in the biggest "non-brostep" dubstep/bass room and frequented a couple other rooms a lot. Most rooms were lame and had a lot of annoying kids or rather douchey and pompous members and here was always some spammy EDM producer around too. You sometimes had to ignore the chat (one guy called Negativeland a "shit ripoff of Pogo" then booted me off - yeah that kind of bullshit!) That said, there were some really good ones if you browsed around. I found one called "Eclectica Schmectica" that was purely obscure, experimental, and strange music (very WATMM-ish) that was really friendly.

I think I had like 3-4000 points before I stopped using it at work. Over a year ago though the dubstep/bass room died out. Everyone stays connected through a FB group. The site became increasingly iffy overall: there were cool upgrades but you could tell it was trying to make a big change to make more money by making it more corporate-oriented. It was fun while it was up.

[taking study break to comment...]

It looks pretty similar.

I hit turntable.fm hard, was a mod in the biggest "non-brostep" dubstep/bass room and frequented a couple other rooms a lot. Most rooms were lame and had a lot of annoying kids or rather douchey and pompous members and here was always some spammy EDM producer around too. You sometimes had to ignore the chat (one guy called Negativeland a "shit ripoff of Pogo" then booted me off - yeah that kind of bullshit!) That said, there were some really good ones if you browsed around. I found one called "Eclectica Schmectica" that was purely obscure, experimental, and strange music (very WATMM-ish) that was really friendly.

Plug.dj is a lot like that but seemingly without the worthwhile rooms, or maybe I didn't stay long enough to find them. There was a WATMM room but it was always either empty or being trolled with 'funny' videos. :smile:

yes. during it's salad years you could catch mf doom and a few other people spinning "rare" beats in one of the rooms (forget the name) but after they left- so did a majority of the .us based clientele.

Archived