IGNORED

Class Shame

Bitraete

sweeeeeet, wonderful atmosphere. haunted by cute ghosts.

could use a bit more of variation or some breaks in the beats, maybe an overall flanger or phaser on the running hi hats.

that is all!

now, listen to mine would you? thanks.

sweeeeeet, wonderful atmosphere. haunted by cute ghosts.

could use a bit more of variation or some breaks in the beats, maybe an overall flanger or phaser on the running hi hats.

that is all!

now, listen to mine would you? thanks.

THANKS MICHAEL JACKSON!

I did plan adding more variation to the beats, but I ended up leaving the track for too long and fell out of the creative groove with it so just decided to leave it as is.

Really starts to shine around 3:45. The detune in the synth that comes in is just right. Reminds me of that one Aphex track, Pwsteal.linchpin. It's not quite as dark, but still. You could do more with that synth.

Wow my first post on this forum..

You might want to do something about the bass frequencies. I can hear there's something going on, but it's kinda muddy. Are the kick and bass occupying too much of the same space? Then again I can't tell what this might sound on a better system. Right now I can listen to this only on genelec 6010's and my hd 558's.

I liked the synth sounds and the general feeling on the tune. It got better towards the end. Maybe a bit more dynamic arragement would make things more interesting, but that's just my opinion. Good job anyway!

edit: grammar

Drums (esp HH) too loud and too much compression, or is it intended?

Thanks for that comment, I totally didn't realise how off the compression was until I listened on my headphones! I've updated it and it definitely sounds better to me.

Well I don't hear the difference, I would make the same comment about that second version, unless you want to create that sucking sidechain effect between the pads and the drums in which case it's not clear enough IMO. BTW forgot to tell you that I liked the synths. :)

Welcome!

Drums (esp HH) too loud and too much compression, or is it intended?

Thanks for that comment, I totally didn't realise how off the compression was until I listened on my headphones! I've updated it and it definitely sounds better to me.

Well I don't hear the difference, I would make the same comment about that second version, unless you want to create that sucking sidechain effect between the pads and the drums in which case it's not clear enough IMO. BTW forgot to tell you that I liked the synths. :)

Welcome!

I think this can be explained by the fact that I'm just a total mixing/mastering noob still lol. I have to say though, I can definitely hear a difference between both versions. The new one being less "hissy".

Thanks for listening and giving feedback :)

You might want to do something about the bass frequencies. I can hear there's something going on, but it's kinda muddy. Are the kick and bass occupying too much of the same space? Then again I can't tell what this might sound on a better system. Right now I can listen to this only on genelec 6010's and my hd 558's.

I liked the synth sounds and the general feeling on the tune. It got better towards the end. Maybe a bit more dynamic arragement would make things more interesting, but that's just my opinion. Good job anyway!

edit: grammar

Welcome! I am honoured to be part of your first post! And thanks for your feedback (and for listening at all!) too! Things could definitely be more defined down there in the lows, for sure. Am going to chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on though cos it's becoming a bit too tedious and boring tweaking this with my still limited knowledge of mixing and mastering.

I think this can be explained by the fact that I'm just a total mixing/mastering noob still lol. I have to say though, I can definitely hear a difference between both versions. The new one being less "hissy".

Thanks for listening and giving feedback :)

You're welcome, that's the point of this place isn't it? I'd suggest to mix carefully your tracks and remove inaudible frequencies below 20Hz before applying any global compression.

Sorry to spam my own thread, but I realised my newer versions were sounding worse lol, so I went back to the original and did a lil bit of tweaking, making sure it was actually better than the original. Anyway, there it is, back in the original post. Going to listen to other people's stuff now on the board!

Archived