IGNORED

I just reviewed a bunch of tracks in YLC

theocide

i think a good rule of thumb would be, once you complete a song, keep it on your harddrive for a week before uploading it to the internet. i know for me, i'll think a song is done and then constanly go back to it, tweaking this and that

i don't think it's fair telling someone that their song is not finished if they belive it's finished. i mean it's just an opinion but it comes down to what the feller is going for i guess and if they think it's ready for critique

ATTN RUSSIAN EX-PATRIATE:

WHEN THE HAMMER MEETS THE SICKEL, POWER IS UNITED AND THE MASSES ARE INSTRUCTED. I WILL BE THE HAMMER. YOU WILL BE THE SICKEL. IN SOVIET RUSSIA, FOOD EATS YOU.

REGARD,

COMRADE GORSKY

whenever i post something really really crazy in ylc now, people just tell me im wasting space on the internet.

but i remember back in the day when i had no idea what i was doing, people were quite nice to me and even offered to put me out on their netlabel even tho i wasnt any good, and that was actually really helpful and made me feel like i was doing something worthwhile and then got music to sound pretty interesting to me. but then no one on here gave a damn about it anymore.

Those people who might have helped you back in the day were most very likely extremely fucked up on drugs, and that may or may not have affected that party's judgement.

I'm sure those people or persons are very sorry for it as well and wish it could have been otherwise.

Because I don't have anything to prove. I don't post anything here because I don't care what anyone thinks about my music because I didn't make it for you, I made it for ME. If you post something on a public forum and allow people the opportunity to post comments, then you should expect anything from bad to good.

I'm not in a pissing contest here. We're not discussing the music I've made because I haven't posted anything. Nor have I made any indication anywhere that any music I make is superior to anyone elses. That's just your blighted and retarded reaction towards my reviews. You assume that I am trying to compare my music to everyone else? No. You're completely mistaken.

Guest taxman

on the rare occasion that i post something, it's a track i made in a few hours while drunk... basicly because i don't take ylc seriously any more.

i used to post a lot of tracks way back when i first joined, and that probably helped a little... but if you make music long enough, you don't really need people to tell you if it's good or not.

Because I don't have anything to prove. I don't post anything here because I don't care what anyone thinks about my music because I didn't make it for you, I made it for ME. If you post something on a public forum and allow people the opportunity to post comments, then you should expect anything from bad to good.

I'm not in a pissing contest here. We're not discussing the music I've made because I haven't posted anything. Nor have I made any indication anywhere that any music I make is superior to anyone elses. That's just your blighted and retarded reaction towards my reviews. You assume that I am trying to compare my music to everyone else? No. You're completely mistaken.

You are a complete fool 420 - I don't know what the fuck your major malfunction is mate, but you got problems. "Oooooh, I make music for ME and ME only" FUCK OFF MATE. You suck.

We can already see the reactions of my criticism and frankly I am not surprised one goddamned bit.

I love it.

Completely miss the point of the thread and attack me for giving an honest review. People really want to touchy-feely this whole fucking place and it's turning everyone into musical faggots.

YLC pretty much now is the equivalent of a kindergarten or nursery school, where when a child makes a few scribbled lines on a writing tablet, he is praised for it. Everybody is the winner!! Yay!!!!

This DOES NOT WORK YOU GUYS. IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Guest cosmonaut
I don't post tracks coz I do it for my own personal satisfaction for the most part.

i'm with iain and theo on this one. i make my tracks for myself. if i ever think i've made something good enough that i think other people might like to hear i'll share it, but as it stands (and i'd imagine will continue to do so), i make music for my own enjoyment.

Guest Iain C

Don't get me wrong, I'm not with theo. I think he's using (sometimes valid) criticism as an excuse to swear and be a cranky fucker

Archived