IGNORED

Stick

Thiefinger

nice retro vibe ! I second the comment on the brightness, I would start with equalizing some tracks, notably by removing some lo-mid because there's generally way too much of it in the mix.

Another thing on the composition itself, I like the evocative sounds you use, the fat rhythm of the whole thing, but when the first theme came in I was expecting for something simpler, then the measure appeared to be composed (like 10 times and then 6 - I know this doesn't make much sense because I don't have any music theory but you could know what I mean ?) and somehow I felt frustrated because I thought it could have been catchier with a simpler theme. But that's just my opinion, hope it's constructive. I think it's a nice track anyway.

Thanks for the comments. I agree on the low-mids. I'll probably make a new mix and try to get those frequencies a bit lower.

Anyway, it's a bit brighter sounding stuff compared to my other recent tunes so that's why i'm calling it that. I'm not like deliberately cutting out all the highs from all the tracks this time.

I, on the other hand, like how it is not as simple as it "should" be. It's like you took the whole 80's keyboard thing and turned it into something of your own. Really interesting, keep it up.

Archived