IGNORED

Victory

dxtxa

Welcome, it looks like you've read the subforum rules, because you commented on a few tracks straight away, well done. The forum rules are located in the bottom right hand corner of the webpage if you haven't checked those out yet.

As to your track, it presents nice feelings but is still very limited in it's production values. you'll get better though, take care.

Thanks for the reply - yes if there is one thing I am good at it's directions! Where should I start in looking for a greater production range? Thanks

heh, i was hoping that someone else would offer advice. cause i was at a loss where to start without redesigning the whole track from square one. There's a thing, a verbal remix. heh. No offence dxtxa, refer to my previous post. [-;

Sounds like you need a heavy EQ session - get those highs high and those lows low

At the moment everything sounds like its floating around the same mid frequency which makes it sound a tad' flat

Start with the drums - get the kick deep, low and snappy. Get the hi-hats high and sharp and then move onto the other instruments from there.

Keep at it! :)

like someone already said, lower down the melodies or turn up the beats, and since the melodies are heavy textured, i mean, they're not plucky or glitchy, they're wavy and cathedral sounding like, side chain them with your beats so that the beats cut trough them! also, precise eq of each sample of the beat would probably make it sound a lot better. oh and i also miss some groovy hihats or tambourines or whatever...

nonetheless it seems you're in the right path :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

no one is good straight away but most good producers have good ideas from square one. I will listen to this when I have some headphones around, I just thought it might be a positive thing to add to this thread if you've just started producing. how old are you, by the way?

Hey Mesh Gear Fox I'm 22!

Could be some nice vibes if you sort out the mix etc.

Tip #1: Turn up your bass and drums, turn down your everything else.

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind when I redo the mixing/equalization.

Time to learn up on EQ!

Archived