IGNORED

What !? A political thread. ... o knows

goDel

when she gets in there, the truly mega rich will finally pay their fair share, and we can all sit around smoking weed all day every day, sniffing pills, and playing nintendo 64, which is our right (srsly its in the constitution, look it up. page 9).

Of course I know you're taking the piss (as you are wont to do) but the issue isn't so much that rich don't pay enough taxes, it's that America is designed to disproportionately favor the already rich.

Pct_Growth_Annual_Wages13.png

People on the right bemoan how much welfare is a 'drain on the system' but I rarely hear them take issue with corporate subsidies (which costs the average taxpayer about twice as much). In fact, I hardly ever hear any corporate criticism coming from the right. Rather, they oppose minimum wage hikes and healthcare and anything that would offset the growing wage gap (which btw has nothing to do with rich people working harder).

I think the myth of the American Dream needs to die. It seems to make people think that everyone deserve their current situation (good or bad), that there is a 1-to-1 correlation between hard work and success, and that poor people are simply jealous of rich people and want to take their money.

Salon is an affront to liberalism. I would say it's the worst website on the entire internet and is worse than Fox News in that it hurts liberals more than the GOP ever could simply by cheapening ideology and relying on gut tactic bullshit to garner clicks and to appeal to the egos of its readers.

I agree with both these posts

Ditto. Never really enjoyed Salon.

RE: Limpyloo - well said. Agree 100%.

Archived