IGNORED

how many of you have analog synths?

Guest aeser

Guest Barbed Q
i'm looking for something to make the fattest analog sub basses i possibly can. do you think the minimoog would excel in this department?

well huh.. yeah lol

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have had at various times

jen sx1000

tr505

tr606

tr707

tr909

sh101

korg m1

various boss dr drum machines

still have...

yamaha rx17 (will never sell it)

akai s2000 (used as a doortstop)

korg er1 (sold to spasm)

korg ea1 (still got somewhere)

novation basstation x 2 (the original)

yamaha dx100

casio sk1

and stuff

mo

Guest Duke Remington

im not a fan of my minimoog for basses though... it does A CERTAIN kind of bass, but i prefer a ms20 because you can use the highpass resonance to boost the subs exactly where you want.

yea this is barbed q my account was just locked by my the fascists at work so this is a new one with my old name

Guest thisket
I dont think any of those are considered "analog" synths.

Then why are people listing drum machines?

VAs are fairly analogue. :rolleyes:

They have analog outs, but VA means virtual analog which means all of the circuitry that you you would find in an ms20 or something is being modelled on a single computer chip. I do agree that it is hardware but not analog hardware But yeah, not all of the drum machines listed are analog but there are a fair few of them. Im not an expert in this area or anything, just be careful around these people for they will call you out on this shit.

EDIT: I mean like in YLC when you say you made it all on analog equipment you should not say that, just say it is all on hardware.

Guest Analogue Wings
They have analog outs, but VA means virtual analog which means all of the circuitry that you you would find in an ms20 or something is being modelled on a single computer chip. I do agree that it is hardware but not analog hardware But yeah, not all of the drum machines listed are analog but there are a fair few of them. Im not an expert in this area or anything, just be careful around these people for they will call you out on this shit.

I'm pretty dissapointed in Mosca - his list was only about a quarter analogue - he should know better! :pinch:

I apologize. :sad:

Dont worry about it dude, your obviously interested in interesting music and interested in making intersting/good music. :angel:

dude. mosca listed it so i thought maybe it was... a littl voice in my head said it wasn't but i have learnt not to listen to the voices inside my head.

Guest aeser

EDIT: I mean like in YLC when you say you made it all on analog equipment you should not say that, just say it is all on hardware.

yea i did mean analog, not digital emulation of analog circuitry.

Guest Analogue Wings
the 707 only has one good sound on it (the clap)

mo

I think it sounds boss - really cuts thru a mix.

Not frickin analogue tho.

And budget 909 hihats.

*thinks about 909 hats*

*has day ruined*

Guest Analogue Wings
OK fair enough, but could anyone really wear 909 hats? That's over two a day for a year

Hmm.

cel12290.jpg

MR HARD TRANCE

He Has 909 Hats!

Archived