IGNORED

how many of you have analog synths?

Guest aeser

Guest aeser

not as interested in juno's but anyone with moogs, arps, sequential circuits, MOTM, modcan, doepfer, etc. post your shit.

i lust after an analog synth.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Analogue Wings

I have:

Oberheim Matrix 1000 (1988?)

Matrix-1000.jpg

Boards of Canada in a box. Deep, thick, smooth, mellow, complex, etc. Zillions of mod routings, velocity, aftertouch, sweet filter. Plus you get 1000 presets :sorcerer:

Edit: due to it's being an Oberheim, will also do perfect renditions of "Jump", "Africa" and "The Final Countdown" :laughing:

Korg Poly61 (1982)

poly61.jpg

Hilariously underpowered 2 osc pre-MIDI synth. Sounds nothing at all like the PolySix. Would be junk except that the narrow range of things it does well are PERFECTLY suited to modern electro. Basically, it's the nasty, gritty, dirty-ass filter that saves the day - this thing has serious character. The arpeggiator is fun too - I can synch it to my 606 with the analogue trigger in :shuriken:

Roland MKS-50 (1987)

mks50.jpg

I know you said no Junos, but this is a rackable Juno with decent MIDI, named patches, sub oscillator, portamento, chord memory (aka 1 finger trance riffs), velocity response and a slimy SH-101 like filter for credible aceeed noises :braindance: Being a Juno it also does godlike strings and choice Blade Runner sweeps. Also: HOOVER :rdjgrin:

JoMoX Airbase 99 (1999)

airbase99.jpg

Teh SUPAR analogue drumbox. 909 emulating kick, snare and toms with way more tweakability so it can do 808 as well (the kick has 7 knobs!). Hybrid (8 bit sample thru analogue EG) hats, clap, etc that are also pretty sweet. You can also use a noise source for analogue hats. Has 2 res filters and 2 routable LFOs and the bestest hugest, goes down to 20hz kick in the world :rdjgrin::rdjgrin::rdjgrin:

Roland TR-606

tr606-closeup.jpg

You know what this is :braindance:

Guest dugbert

right now i just have a juno 106

but i'm going to save up for starting a doepfer setup

i'd pick up an ms-10/20/50 if i came across one some time

Guest Analogue Wings
right now i just have a juno 106

but i'm going to save up for starting a doepfer setup

i'd pick up an ms-10/20/50 if i came across one some time

I'd come across an MS-20 if I saw one. I'd also buy it if I had a spare $1500

Guest Barbed Q

ive got:

korg ms 20 + ms 50

arp AXXE

arp 2600 (modded and half-broken, its really just one huge effects module/filter bank)

doepfer modular a100 system x 2

moog minimoog

next buy: a100 further expension, 5 x osc + more

Guest aeser
ive got:

korg ms 20 + ms 50

arp AXXE

arp 2600 (modded and half-broken, its really just one huge effects module/filter bank)

doepfer modular a100 system x 2

moog minimoog

next buy: a100 further expension, 5 x osc + more

nice. is the minimoog as fat sounding as it's hyped to be?

Guest thisket

I have a Microkorg and an Alesis Micron. Both nice.

If drum machines count: Boss DR-550, DR-202 (Very recommended), Ace Tone Rhythm FEVER! (hee hee), & an Alesis SR-16.

I recommend a Microkorg, because it taught me a lot about synthesis and so forth. It sounds lovely & you can power it with batteries and go play it on your headphones in the middle of a picturesque Alpine valley.

Guest Barbed Q

mini moog is F A T

but not my favorite sound

why the hell would you want to bring let alone hear a shitty VA in the middle of a picturesque Alpine valley?

Guest Analogue Wings
mini moog is F A T

Not even the "Arched Maid Via RDJ" sync sound?

Guest Barbed Q

WIIIIIIIW WIW WAAAAWWWWW WOOOOOOWWW

WAA WAAA WA-WA-WAA-WA-WA-WAWAWA

actually i hate this track :fee:

Guest Analogue Wings
WIIIIIIIW WIW WAAAAWWWWW WOOOOOOWWW

WAA WAAA WA-WA-WAA-WA-WA-WAWAWA

actually i hate this track :fee:

Well, fair enough, then :laughing:

If I ever bought a mini, sync sounds would be the main reason.

I have a Microkorg and an Alesis Micron. Both nice.

If drum machines count: Boss DR-550, DR-202 (Very recommended), Ace Tone Rhythm FEVER! (hee hee), & an Alesis SR-16.

I recommend a Microkorg, because it taught me a lot about synthesis and so forth. It sounds lovely & you can power it with batteries and go play it on your headphones in the middle of a picturesque Alpine valley.

I dont think any of those are considered "analog" synths.

Guest man with no name

I have a large Doepfer modular + eventide fx processor. I make dark ambient 24/7

i have:

- korg polysix,

- korg poly-800 (hehe ony "analog" things about it are the VCF and the final VCA... okay and the chorus)

- x0xb0x

i lust for a modular... when i have the $$$ i'll probably get a paia 9700 for start and then continue with doepfer modules... also interesting are http://www.musicfromouterspace.com DIY modules... i'll be probably building some of those in future.

otherwise i'd love to have a few real monosynths like korg's monopoly or some of the ms series...

Guest user

I have an ARP solus which seems to be dying right now, one osc just produces a high squeel and the filter is non responsive.

But I like it, get some cool sounds from it and when you hook it up to the trigger/gate of a 606 you can make nice minimal ambient stuff.

i lust for a modular... when i have the $$$ i'll probably get a paia 9700 for start and then continue with doepfer modules... also interesting are http://www.musicfromouterspace.com DIY modules... i'll be probably building some of those in future.

ya i'm ordering a 9700 next month/month after that, it looks like its great value for money. not too sure about the build/sound quality though.. ;(

and have you ever heard of the blacet diy modules? pretty original and outlandish stuff, would make a great addition to a 9700:

blacet.com

btw i bought this lush wooden EMS VCS-style cabinet with 2x 6U space. i'm gonna fit my waldorf microwaveXT and sherman filterbank in the lower part of the cabinet, and my 9700 and assorted blacet-modules in the upper part..

>=)

Guest aeser
mini moog is F A T

i'm looking for something to make the fattest analog sub basses i possibly can. do you think the minimoog would excel in this department?

a few wee ones, and access to a bunch oof big ones.

but at home.. sh101.. juno 60 (retro'd), moog prodigy.

and (not analogue).. pianet t.. rhodes.. roland xp70... korg ms2000

(yamaha portasound pss450.. tee hee).. plus a couple of cheap circuit bent bits.

microkorg etc, by the way, are not analogue synths. dolts.

Archived