IGNORED

Carl Sagan - Billion

fumi

The sound recording below reminds me of the ambient drone surrounding the spacecraft that hovers over the barren lunar surface before Dr. Heywood Floyd and crew visit the obelisk in Kubricks 2001: A Space Odyssey, or maybe a group of highly focused Franciscan monks or possibly the very sound of time itself. This, of course, makes complete sense, because the track is of Carl Sagan saying the word billions one time, but stretched out over the span of an entire hour.

Sounds incredible. Just a single word. Even Basinski would be proud.

Courtesy of io9

Regards

Yes, I guess the software or the technique isn't anything new. I don't know - I'm not a musician.

I still think it's a really amazing ambient piece. You could argue of course that one could just stretch out anything and it might yield interesting results.

yeah pretty much. It does sound cool but it just seems like the same thing over and over again.. I dunno, maybe I'm just bitter about being one of the first to do it with my Peter Gabriel remix but not getting 800% Justin Bieber amount of plays. Although Gabriel did say it inspired him so there's that

Archived