IGNORED

Max4Live - how to save settings?

awepittance

I have a show coming up tomorrow and it's the first time i'm going to be seriously using max4live in a performance. To my horror, a bunch of work I did last night in an Ableton session did not save. It turns out a few of the max4live patches I am intent on using don't seem to save any settings even after i click the disk/save icon on them and save them as new objects. Is there any way around this without editing the actual patch inside Max?

edit: to be a little more clear, I am..

- opening an Ableton session file
- loading a max4live LFO object that comes with the Ableton stock library
- assigning the 'map' function of the LFO object to the pan knob on a mixer channel
- clicking the save icon on the LFO object itself, saving it to my library as a new object
- saving the Ableton session file
- reopening Ableton session file, all LFO knob settings lost/in default positions

Just tried the above steps on mine - the knob positions seem to retain their positions, the only thing it seems to forget about is the 'MAP' connection (i.e. attach the LFO to the panning placement).

It remembers it all when I save the set, just not when I create a new preset in which (as mentioned above) it retains all the LFO parameter positions save for the mapping.

So are you losing everything (both the mapping AND the actual values of each of the LFO knobs ?)

I'm losing both, although it says the mapping is assigned (i can see the label in each lfo object) it's not actually mapped, i have to remap them. I wonder why i'm losing the knob positions but you aren't. The mapping is less of an issue, if i need to play a show i can just map them again. thanks for testing it out

There's something you need to set up in the Inspectors for the parameters I believe - I think it's a tick box... I'm being really unhelpful but I know this problem you're going through.

There's something you need to set up in the Inspectors for the parameters I believe - I think it's a tick box... I'm being really unhelpful but I know this problem you're going through.

Aye its - object’s inspector and check the "Auto-update Parameter Initial Value"

• 7 months later...

Archived