IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Sekonda (video!!)

Brisbot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3KKAU7fMWU

Sekonda is probably my favorite track out of the ones released thus far, and this video goes perfect with it. The way the camera pans past the people, while the music very slowly builds up, then down as it reaches a kind of ultimatum toward the end, all the while the camera continues panning panning panning capturing this snapshot in time... it's strangely alluring. It's almost as if you can see their whole lives through their gaze. Very amazing, 10minsDeep, Aphex, and Blind Gary Davis!

I only scrolled through a few pages, hopefully this hasn't been posted already.

Hmm, well I must get different vibes from the track. To me it doesn't feel straightforwardly pleasant. Admittedly the second half is much better than the guitar playing part. It's just strangely alluring, I thought I'd share.

It's great cinematography in the original clip. Not sure if sekonda fits better than what I imagine it's replacing.

Also, does that say, uh, yeah it does

a765a7de276cb9f874ef1a680c171977.jpg

Ha, I was hoping no one would bring that up.

I watched the original clip today, and while it was okay, it doesn't hold my attention as well as Sekonda can. It's obviously what I'm projecting onto it.

I'd also recommend you not watch this from a tablet :) I had it on my computer screen and it just worked for me. I probably should not have posted it though since I'm really downplaying the 'meh'ness of the first half, and was in a particularly impressionable mood last night. But I think it can be powerful in the second half if you let it.

Archived