IGNORED

aeterna

lyst

Guest manaat

0:00 - Hmm, I really like that vox sound at the start, but it seems to fade away almost immediately. I'd keep it going on the off beat like so. Also something I should note is that while second 1 and 2 sound really good, when you get to second 4 (when those three descending notes patterns start) it all starts sounding a bit out of place.

0:15 - Well heck, as I was typing that last bit, this totally caught me by surprise. Very rad. However, there's those stronger chords that become apparent at 0:18, I'd have them come in right after the glitch for better effect. Actually, after listening again they are there right off the bat, they just aren't as apparent. Maybe turn up the velocity a little on those notes.

0:40 - Hey, I'm really digging this actually. I think given the ethereal nature of the pads/whatever that you would be much better serviced by a bassier 808 style drum kick that the punchy one you have presently (or maybe layer up), but s'all good

0:56 - Huh wow, this is totally up my alley. The voices that come in here are dope, no seriously I'm way into this. I'd point out that my favorite spot is 0:58 when the vocals move away from the rest of the track, I'd suggest maybe having a few more spots where the soar away from the rest of the melodies.

1:12 - Aww, too soon to fade away. I'd have one more round of the voices but with a fat bassline on the last round myself before getting ready to move to the next section.

1:16 - Hmm, while I do think a breakdown section like this would work very well here, the drum hits aren't quite landing where one would want them too, and again I'd really recommend a big bassy kick instead, especially here.

1:37 - Sorry, this bits kind of a mess

2:29 - Nice drum beat here

Follow'd cuz I like yer style, but wasn't quite inspired to heart the track.

0:00 - Hmm, I really like that vox sound at the start, but it seems to fade away almost immediately. I'd keep it going on the off beat like so. Also something I should note is that while second 1 and 2 sound really good, when you get to second 4 (when those three descending notes patterns start) it all starts sounding a bit out of place.

0:15 - Well heck, as I was typing that last bit, this totally caught me by surprise. Very rad. However, there's those stronger chords that become apparent at 0:18, I'd have them come in right after the glitch for better effect. Actually, after listening again they are there right off the bat, they just aren't as apparent. Maybe turn up the velocity a little on those notes.

0:40 - Hey, I'm really digging this actually. I think given the ethereal nature of the pads/whatever that you would be much better serviced by a bassier 808 style drum kick that the punchy one you have presently (or maybe layer up), but s'all good

0:56 - Huh wow, this is totally up my alley. The voices that come in here are dope, no seriously I'm way into this. I'd point out that my favorite spot is 0:58 when the vocals move away from the rest of the track, I'd suggest maybe having a few more spots where the soar away from the rest of the melodies.

1:12 - Aww, too soon to fade away. I'd have one more round of the voices but with a fat bassline on the last round myself before getting ready to move to the next section.

1:16 - Hmm, while I do think a breakdown section like this would work very well here, the drum hits aren't quite landing where one would want them too, and again I'd really recommend a big bassy kick instead, especially here.

1:37 - Sorry, this bits kind of a mess

2:29 - Nice drum beat here

Follow'd cuz I like yer style, but wasn't quite inspired to heart the track.

I appreciate the feedback! Thanks for spending so much time in your post. That middle section, i can see why that can be off-putting. I don't know, I just like it =). I actually prefer when people are a bit off-put at times (it's all about the process of creation). Sometimes I want a somewhat messy part and that way I can bring the whole song together with the final part. I'll keep that big bassy kick in mind, I kind of take it easy with kicks usually. Yea at 2:29 that drum beat makes the song for me, kind of a present for sticking with the whole track lol.

Guest Fuxcs

Very smooth stuff!

That very subtle piano towards the end (and earlier, but it really shows here) really ties it together in a super pleasing way.

But yes, as manaat said above, give it some bigger KICKS. And the idea of letting the vox drift a bit is spot on. That would really provide a sense of space. The rest of it is super tightly tied together, so a a bit of unexpected movement would really widen the whole scope of what's going on.

Very smooth stuff!

That very subtle piano towards the end (and earlier, but it really shows here) really ties it together in a super pleasing way.

But yes, as manaat said above, give it some bigger KICKS. And the idea of letting the vox drift a bit is spot on. That would really provide a sense of space. The rest of it is super tightly tied together, so a a bit of unexpected movement would really widen the whole scope of what's going on.

I like that idea of vocals drift in and out a bit more, thanks.

And thanks for listening.

Archived