IGNORED

Question about formatting an iPhone

Squee

Before someone posts a link to http://lmgtfy.com/or something like that, I might have to explain why I made this topic.

So, at work I did some sound design for an app and the company we worked for sent us an Android and an iPhone to test the app on. Once I was done working on my part of the app, the Android was sent off to Germany to another sound designer, so he could work on the German version of the app. This was 6-7 months ago and I've now kidnapped the iPhone because my plan is to make it mine, because they've forgotten everything about it.

At the moment, I'm stuck with an iPhone4S which is completely crippled and I want to format the iPhone5S the company sent us. I've signed the 5S out of iCloud, the AppStore etc., but I'm still worried that when I format it the phone will send out an email to whatever email address it is registered to that it has been formatted. Does anyone know if that's the case?

I know that if I sign in to iCloud from a new computer, I'll receive an email that tells me that someone has signed in to my iCloud from a different computer than usual. So I'm just worried if I format the phone that they will somehow be told about it.

HALP!

Does it have Find My Phone installed, and is it activated (turning it off will tell the iCloud owner that Find My Phone has been turned off)?

You could do a factory restore... I won't bother linking to how to do so, and I would read up if Find My Phone is affected by that or not (can't recall off the top of my head).

Google iPhone "restore mode" and follow these instructions. By this it will not boot while connected to iTunes or ask for anything related to your old profile

Archived