IGNORED

Stry Craty Bya

Guest pandagun

Guest pandagun

I'm assuming most of the Acid Memories tracks I've found on Soulseek are unconfirmed, but I like the "Stry Craty Bya" track that runs a little over 4:30 minutes.

If not the Sandisons, anyone know who made this?

I'm assuming most of the Acid Memories tracks I've found on Soulseek are unconfirmed, but I like the "Stry Craty Bya" track that runs a little over 4:30 minutes.

Please post a sample of the track. Up until now, all pre-Old Tunes BoC music has been fake, with the exception of the Duffy and Circle samples from BoC's old website. So your Acid Memories is almost certainly fake, though there's a remote possibility you're the first to download a new leak.

I thought you were going to ask what "Stry Craty Bya" means, I've always wondered myself. Is it welsh? Anyone?

Guest pandagun

Please post a sample of the track. Up until now, all pre-Old Tunes BoC music has been fake, with the exception of the Duffy and Circle samples from BoC's old website. So your Acid Memories is almost certainly fake, though there's a remote possibility you're the first to download a new leak.

I thought you were going to ask what "Stry Craty Bya" means, I've always wondered myself. Is it welsh? Anyone?

Here's samples of the unconfirmed tracks I don't recognize. Turns out the other tracks are familiar BoC tracks under Acid Memories titles.

Boards_Of_Canada___Duffy.mp3

04_Stry_Craty_Bya__clip_.mp3

06___Echo_The_Sun__clip_.mp3

Guest Nlogax

I recognize a few samples from the "4:37" stry craty bya but i thought Pre-Old Tunes contained guitars and live drums? Either way this is great track! That "echo the sun" clip is the last part of Everything You Do is a Balloon

Here's samples of the unconfirmed tracks I don't recognize. Turns out the other tracks are familiar BoC tracks under Acid Memories titles.

Boards_Of_Canada___Duffy.mp3

04_Stry_Craty_Bya__clip_.mp3

06___Echo_The_Sun__clip_.mp3

The first one is a 25 second audio extract of what is purported to be the genuine 'Duffy' track that was featured on an older BoC website (along with equally brief extracts of 'Wouldn't You Like To Be Free' and 'Circle'). So technically this is official.

The second sample is an older 'Marumari' track that leaked onto the internet some years ago called 'Eno Test'. Many people (including myself) mistook it for BoC when it first appeared.

The third sample is a short clip taken from a 'Gescom' track called 'Stoop (Hidden Track)' taken from the Skam compilation 'Skampler'.

Guest Moebius

Ah, that's it. I knew it was maurmari of some sort but I don't have access to my files to check.

The funny thing about "Eno Test" though. I know it's confirmed its Marumari but I've just never been able to find it... I haven't been able to find a track of that name on any Marumari release. so what's the story behind it? Is it just misnamed?

Ah, that's it. I knew it was maurmari of some sort but I don't have access to my files to check.

The funny thing about "Eno Test" though. I know it's confirmed its Marumari but I've just never been able to find it... I haven't been able to find a track of that name on any Marumari release. so what's the story behind it? Is it just misnamed?

As far as I know 'Eno Test' is an earlier Marumari track that leaked onto the internet, possibly along with a compilation of older tracks ala 'Old Tunes'. It doesn't appear on any Marumari release that I've heard at least... Though I haven't heard 'Ballad of the Round Ball' yet which is his first officially released LP.

I recognize a sample on Stry Craty Bya that is from Eno's 1992 album - 'The Shutov Assembly'.

Personally, I don't think it's BOC.

I recognize a sample on Stry Craty Bya that is from Eno's 1992 album - 'The Shutov Assembly'.

Personally, I don't think it's BOC.

It's not BoC, it's Marumari... I haven't heard the 'Shutov Assembly' before so this lends credence to the 'Eno Test' title.

Guest Opoth

http://ca.epodunk.com/profiles/alberta/stry/2005168.html

There's a Stry, Alberta. Maybe they were somewhere around there when they were living in Alberta?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bya

I know they were quite fond of using scientific/mathematical type terms back then (just look at most of the titles on Closes Vol. 1), so maybe this is a nostalgic song about living in/near Stry a long time ago.

Archived