IGNORED

Is this vst piano piece I just did pretentious bs or something cool...?

Lane Visitor

Neither. On the one hand it isn't pretentious (good thing), on the other hand it isn't competently written (less good). Not being nasty, but you're getting into "contemporary classical" territory when you write a solo piano piece in 2015. And that requires a lot of skill and training.

Neither. On the one hand it isn't pretentious (good thing), on the other hand it isn't competently written (less good). Not being nasty, but you're getting into "contemporary classical" territory when you write a solo piano piece in 2015. And that requires a lot of skill and training.

Fair enough.. Thanks for the feedback! Maybe ill take some select themes from it and hone in a little more on specific motifs to repeat rather than try to be extravagant, and then clean it up and make it a little more atmospheric. Simpler the better, right?

Decent attempt lane but you kinda need punched in the face every 90 seconds if you know what i mean, look you're a talented muscian with that headfull of dreams.

I just want a fancy keyboard so i can learn music!

Decent attempt lane but you kinda need punched in the face every 90 seconds if you know what i mean, look you're a talented muscian with that headfull of dreams.

I just want a fancy keyboard so i can learn music!

Thx for the words schlitz.. What do you mean by the punched in the face thing though?

Hey what do i know, but i disagree with this. i think it's perfectly valid to write a solo piano piece without a lot of skill and training. people do it all the time, and some times it sounds pretty good! put that thing back up. i wanna hear it!

Hey what do i know, but i disagree with this. i think it's perfectly valid to write a solo piano piece without a lot of skill and training. people do it all the time, and some times it sounds pretty good! put that thing back up. i wanna hear it!

Track deleted? Would've liked to listen...

Thanks ya'll! K I just put it as public again (i had hidden it as private earlier)...

So I listened back and there are definitely a a handful of awkward timings and inappropriate dynamics in some of the passages (which makes sense since im not piano player), which im planning to edit to smooth out, and also some parts that seem like filler that could prob be omitted.. definitely going to be slimming it a bit, and editing timing/dynamics to make it a little more intentional and focused rather than the pure improv that it mostly was (:

just was interested in the mood / feel that this gave off in terms of melodies etc , to see if it translates and what kind of vibes you guys get from it

Archived