IGNORED

Online bookselling

Tricone RC

Anyone have any experience with that kind o' thing?

We have wall-lining bookshelves in our front room and after sorting through them I have a couple of hundred books in a crate that I wouldn't miss. Full range from fairly new textbooks to trashy romance novels, immaculate to reasonable conditions

Thought I'd try my hand at selling them online individually instead of just dumping the lot at a second-hand shop. Suspect we'd get more cash in the long run this way. I'd rather knaw off my nads than use paypal, so ebay's off-limits. I considered setting up an Amazon marketplace seller account but am a bit worried it'd be too one-sided, they'd have the power to screw me over arbitrarily, etc. Plenty of lesser-known online marketplaces but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had any recommends first

PS one of the books mentions aphex twin omg

Yeah Abebooks which I believe is owned by Amazon is the best place to sell books. The book market has crashed since the 2007 recession. People who generally buy books have a larger disposable income than most, but since then my friend's income from books has like the internals of Sarah Palin on the word democracy dried up.

I would say sell on Amazon but there is more competition which keeps prices lower however the audience is also like the internals of Sarah Palin massive.

Archived