IGNORED

Aesop Rock - The Impossible Kid

ghOsty

The new Aesop Rock album The Impossible Kid comes out this Friday. Aes' has been on fire lately with the Hail Mary Mallon release last year, and the EP with Homeboy Sandman. This album seems to deliver the same intensity:

There's a couple music videos out already:

and just today he put up the whole album to stream, set to a re-creation of The Shining with miniature figures:

just finished listening, and it seems he's done it again, lyrics and beats both on point, definitely will be playing this repeatedly.

Picked this one up today, got away with playing a few at work. Everyone else sleeping on this abum? It's fucking great hip-hop. The Grimace Federation did a bunch of the synths on his beats for this album. The beats are bangers!

Why iTunes never upgraded his Nike Run mix to 256AAC is a crime, as that was the only place it was available. I re-downloaded it from my purchases yesterday, and it's still 128k.

Why iTunes never upgraded his Nike Run mix to 256AAC is a crime, as that was the only place it was available. I re-downloaded it from my purchases yesterday, and it's still 128k.

Yeah that mix is dope, he also put out a similar beat tape more recently called "The Blob", buncha outtakes and unused beats mixed together.

The videos released for this one are definitely good... However "Blood Sandwich", while still a great track, gets outshined on the album IMO, the other tracks are just that good.

Archived