IGNORED

Keith Fullerton Whitman - DAT era

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

https://keithfullertonwhitman.bandcamp.com/

Welcome to "DAT era." To clarify what's going on here; I'll be posting the contents of a different DAT tape on the first of each month into the foreseeable future, at the very least until June of 2018. Everything's being remastered in the present & nothing's being left out. 

The material in question was all recorded to DAT tape between 1993 & 2002, with the largest concentration in the years 1996-2000, when I was hard at work, composing, programming, and recording music virtually every day as Hrvatski, DJ Hekla, Gai/Jin, Keith Fullerton Whitman, and so on. 

Each set is being put up for sale at a prorate of AUD$10/hour; for example the contents of a full 90 minute DAT would be AUD$15, this particular one with only 13:42 of material on it is only AUD$2.29. Everything is being re-digitized & remastered in the present; everything sounds better than I remember it. Each DAT "album" comes with high-res scans of the DAT case & the insert/booklet. Alles klar? Let's move on... 

To kick things off, here's a short one intended as a subscriber freebie, containing only an unfinished beat for a BPitch Control compilation, two takes of a fantastic, largely free-time jungle remix for Chicago band Salvo Beta, and four of one for New York Queercore no-wave band God Is My Co-Pilot for a Dark Beloved Cloud compilation (GIMCP, to this day, are of my favorite bands from the nascent Knitting Factory scene, where I camped out almost daily on my return to the New York area in September 1993). The promise of a "Steve Reich Excerpt" on the liners turned out to be 3 seconds of "Music for Large Ensemble" bookended by silence, for some reason.

Archived