IGNORED

Phaeleh - Illusion of the Tale

paranoid-666

One of the best ambient releases this year. Love it.

“The album title is my polite way of saying we live in a world of bullshit and bullshitters. Essentially I feel we all live in a constant lie, whether it be our Facebook profile pictures, the need to present our lives as perfect, with good looking partners, intelligent children, the perfect job etc. People feel the need to present their situations as being something they're not. We all suffer. We all have setbacks and difficulties, but we live in a world where people always want to pretend everything is fine. I feel that the music provides a chance to pause and escape the illusion of the everyday lie we present not only to the world but also ourselves. One of the most important things I did was embrace the ultimate pointlessness of all our existences in the grand scheme of the universe. I still believe that we should make the most of our time here and lead positive lives and be nice human beings, but I do find it funny that we as a species think we matter, when really we don't. So I guess it's my way of saying nothing really matters, stop pretending everything is perfect, and let go of this collective lie and just take some time to chill the fuck out. I want the album to be an escape from everyday lives. I want it to be a soundtrack for people to let go.” 
- Phaeleh

https://phaeleh.bandcamp.com/album/illusion-of-the-tale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This album is sexy lush times.

A times it reminds me of SAW2, some of the scope of sounds and textures certainly sound similar (especially due to the fsimplicity of the tracks included), but it is presented as a whole different level of feels and is very emotional throughout.

Definitely my favourite ambient album of the year

Archived