IGNORED

You Want Me To Go Where?

Auditor

I really like the off-kilter, BoC-y textures, and the kick feels like it's hitting me right in the chest. I think later in the track, a little more variation in the melody would be swell. I dig the outro too. Good stuff.

Agreed about it needing a bit more variation. Around 2:00 I was starting to want it to go places.

Production-wise I think it's pretty solid :)

Oh, and this is just me being weird and picky, but the snare (not the glitchy one) is a bit too midi-sounding for my taste. The bass line is also almost too clean sounding. Why not add a bus, add an amp or something to it, turn up the send just a tiny bit until the amp gets enough to make the bass line come alive... or something like that? Just something that makes it sound a bit more alive and not so midi-like ;)

All good suggestions, and thanks for listening. I definitely plan on varying it up and I actually had the bass feeding to an amp but I think I forgot to turn it on when I did the final recording! so good looks for pointing that out. 

woah. really cool sounds in this. I've struggled with melodic variation in my own music, but I'm working through that with complete improve within the a scale or even moving the same melody up or down a key. Despite it's mildly repetitive nature, you do have a great melody in this and it complements the synth voice very well. I loooove that crazy outro, too!

Thanks! I do sometimes have a problem deciding whether to make a melody repetitive (and hopefully hypnotic) or to switch it up. Sometimes it works just fine. 

Archived