IGNORED

Aphex Surrounded

Guest Dr of Quantization

Guest Dr of Quantization

Ok so this is one to start off a discussion... It came to me looking over Bjork’s Surrounded box spanning her career. So since Aphex has been re-releasing things, why not take like each moniker and release a complete box in DVD-A or DTS? He chould accomplish two things, make a shit load of money off his old stuff and re-release it on a more proper format than cd, yet not as good as vinyl(but longer lasting), and include the songs that were left off some cds and only on vinyl. That would be a genius marketing idea no? Please Discuss….

Ok so this is one to start off a discussion... It came to me looking over Bjork’s Surrounded box spanning her career. So since Aphex has been re-releasing things, why not take like each moniker and release a complete box in DVD-A or DTS? He chould accomplish two things, make a shit load of money off his old stuff and re-release it on a more proper format than cd, yet not as good as vinyl(but longer lasting), and include the songs that were left off some cds and only on vinyl. That would be a genius marketing idea no? Please Discuss….

two things wrong with that.

1) i doubt money making is his prim ary interest or where have you been for his entire career.

2) cd = proper format is quaestionable....... even luke vibert was suprised when aphex re-released the analord stuff on cd

A nice pipe dream to be sure, but I doubt Richard would go through the trouble of re-issuing stuff he's artistically done with - he'd much rather visit new territory I would imagine. This is more something a label would do rather than the artist (like WARP with 26 Mixes For Cash).

Guest mushroom
he'd much rather visit new territory I would imagine.

fuck I hope so. He hasn't in five years.

Guest Dr of Quantization
two things wrong with that.

1) i doubt money making is his prim ary interest or where have you been for his entire career.

2) cd = proper format is quaestionable....... even luke vibert was suprised when aphex re-released the analord stuff on cd

A nice pipe dream to be sure, but I doubt Richard would go through the trouble of re-issuing stuff he's artistically done with - he'd much rather visit new territory I would imagine. This is more something a label would do rather than the artist (like WARP with 26 Mixes For Cash).

phudoshin - 1) 26 mixes for cash?? Sure not driven by money, but who does not want more??

phudoshin - 2) DVD- A as more of a proper format than CD. CD is trash, but my Analord vinyl is starting to sound like trash. If you hear a good 24 bit DVD-A recording... it is was better than CD, not as good as vinyl...but a nice way to releas music these days.

joyrex- (This is more something a label would do rather than the artist (like WARP with 26 Mixes For Cash). Good point, did not think about all the re-relased stuff is prob mostly by the company and not what Aphex wants...ie the whole R&S thing these days.

Guest MRSG
It would be more interesting if we just got high quality versions of some old unreleased tracks.

here here!

Guest AlexPallas

It would be more interesting if we just got high quality versions of some old unreleased tracks.

here here!

talk about wishful thinking

Archived