IGNORED

Fuck that shit...

BCM

:cat: those are some bouncy tits man.

synched well with a bit of variety.

just got a bit boring once it hit the 1/2 mark.

nice little track.

Cheers for listening - it's meant to be kind of repetitive and a bit "boring" if you will - just kind of trance out to it! I was listening to Drexciya and loving the way they sometimes just use like one riff for the whole track and a really simple beat, but it works really well. Wanted to try something like that...

Anyway, nice one!

Guest Coalbucket PI

not sure about that snare, gets a bit annoying. I would have not used one, the little tone sound that you have is enough. Otherwise its cool, it is repetetive but in the right context thats no problem

Er, no they're not. And THAT'S that.

EDIT: Actually, what the FUCK are you going on about? What do you mean too close together? How can hi-hats, programmed into FLoops and played in sync etc be too close together? The hats were actually an arpeggiated riff anyway.

That's how I'm judging you. Wrong 'un.

Guest Promo

This ain't bad I reckon. Once it gets started its got a pretty deep feel to it. Hi-hats sound okay to me but BCM you gotta take crits on the nose man. I can see where you're coming from with the Drexciya 'repetition' thing and in that context it made me more receptive to this track. I think the snare is a little dry and loud in the mix. I think some flange or chorus would have been maybe quite good to add to the snare but its not something thats so important once the track is fully fleshed out. I think you're improving quite a bit. I must admit I liked the vibe of this track quite a bit. Seems to reek of Analogue techno goodness (even though its all digital lol). I think to improve it maybe I would have just cut down the size a bit and got straight to the crux of it a lot quicker. Not sure what else to think of. Overall I quite enjoyed it. I'm sure there are things you could do to improve though (maybe some extra fx such as heavily modulated squelches/sweeps). Maybe some sort of voice layer would be cool addition; like you wispering in a deep voice something dark and mysterious.

Cheers for listening! I do take critisisms on the nose 99% of the time, especially, if like you, someone has actually bothered to listen to my track and say something constructive (whether that be good or bad). Saying shit like "that's how I'm judging you, and that's that", when you're talking about hi-hats being too close together (which is surely just a matter of opinion) is just annoying. You may as well not have said anything. (Not YOU obviously Promo - I really appreciate your ideas and crits!).

And I think he was talking about the double snare hit anyway, not the hi hats....

Anyway, cheers! :grin:

Guest Mr. Modular

I like it, it's the best track you've made in my opinion. I love electro. You should have some dry bass in it though.

this track is lovely. i really like the slow progression here. when i listen to it i feel like i'm in some dark little cave by the ocean somewhere, drops of water echoeing around me.

keep on keepin on!

Guest vodor

That other track is good too, but this one is better. Both have that old AFX AB3 kind of feeling with maybe some ICBYD.

I like the drunken bassline, but that double high hat thing fucks my shit up bad, I wish there was just one hat that hit in a funky spot before the kick, I know you don't care but I can just imagine this going into a fake 3/4 at the end of the bar (I don't know how to accurately explain that) and I think it would sound awesome.

Sorry about the double (it's actually a snare) hit dude! I may remix it a bit, but usually can't be arsed to go back to a tune once I've finished it...I'll post a new one soon though, you might like that better :flower:

Safe.

Archived