IGNORED

What does watmm think of Music Is Rotted One Note?

beerwolf

2 minutes ago, markedone said:

lol@ first comment.

but ill vouch for this album anytime.  its got variation and flow, and a weird but pleasing sound quality.  kinda sounds like he was using vintage mics and tape, which is why it invites the comparisons to 70s miles.  but yeah coffee is my only drug of choice and i love this album

That's good to hear. I dunno, perhaps my own taste in music is too pedestrian, but I just hate jazz, and I can't get into this or Budakhan Mindphone at all. It just seems so chin-strokey (is that an existing adjective, @darreichungsform? ?) to me, so ostentatiously serious and self-indulging. I mean, if you're going to be noodling, at least do it like Autechre and give us the courtesy of using an electronic sound aesthetic to make it more palatable, lol. But I'm one of those cretins who think that Ufabulum and Damogen Furies are actually loads of fun, so what do I know?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, IDEM said:

That's good to hear. I dunno, perhaps my own taste in music is too pedestrian, but I just hate jazz, and I can't get into this or Budakhan Mindphone at all. It just seems so chin-strokey (is that an existing adjective, @darreichungsform? ?) to me, so ostentatiously serious and self-indulging. I mean, if you're going to be noodling, at least do it like Autechre and give us the courtesy of using an electronic sound aesthetic to make it more palatable, lol. But I'm one of those cretins who think that Ufabulum and Damogen Furies are actually loads of fun, so what do I know?

just to expand on my last post, that sound palette and lack of rules is a big part of the appeal of this album for me, and probably why it doesnt click for you.  tom is quite literally using some of the same tricks as this record (hard panning, quick cuts, repetition that riffs on a theme).  and to my ears, its super fun stuff.  all swagger, little theory, all rules out the window, etc

Archived