IGNORED

Dance music?

Kidrodi

Is music specifically for clubs something any of you have interest in? being that it is electronic music after all. 

Since I don't live anywhere near any good places to go to for this kind of stuff my experience with it is has been limited to just the internet unfortunately so my understanding of the context is bound to be skewed as well, for all I knew it was all intricate electronic music to me at the beginning.

There's a lot Techno and "UK bass" that I like however since a lot of it seems to be very limited vinyl only single releases it gives me the impression that it's really DJs that dig for this kind of stuff and present the good stuff to you as opposed to the casual listener, right?

I don't DJ so I'm not sure if I'm going to be wasting my money here if I'm about to start collecting Robert Hood records if that makes sense.

Kind of a stupid question this whole thing I know but you're all wonderful people here I'm sure you can clear things up for my stupid ass :)

Yeah I'm into club music - I also DJ & collect vinyl, though most of my recent purchases have been bandcamp digitals. Some club-centric labels I love are hessle audio, timedance, livity sound, mord & hotflush.

Yeah I'm into club music - I also DJ & collect vinyl, though most of my recent purchases have been bandcamp digitals. Some club-centric labels I love are hessle audio, timedance, livity sound, mord & hotflush.

Yeah, No Symbols and all that. Sounds like what I'm mostly into as well.

I guess since I don't DJ or go to clubs or anything it feels kind of wrong to be listening to this outside the proper context so to speak I've realised but I'm into in regardless.

I used to go to plenty of clubs, but now I'm a bit older with 2 young kids and sleep seems very important.

I do still love clubs and dance floor music, I get out sometimes and choose my nights carefully.

Regularly listen to John Digweeds Transitions podcast for an always solid 2 hour mix of underground house and techno.

Still get the fabric CD mixes in the post.

Yeah, No Symbols and all that. Sounds like what I'm mostly into as well.

I guess since I don't DJ or go to clubs or anything it feels kind of wrong to be listening to this outside the proper context so to speak I've realised but I'm into in regardless.

IMO, it's only "wrong" to listen to if you're using tinny computer speakers - if you're blasting through a proper system at appropriate volume I can't fault you there. There is nothing like getting to play your favourites in a club, however.

Archived