IGNORED

The Wrestling Thread

Richie Sombrero

So Wrestlemania 34 has been and gone. First half of the show was really good, particularly Charlotte/Asuka. The Rosey stuff came off well, then second half was pretty terrible. Why was D-Bry on the floor for 3/4 of the match? Naks/AJ was awful compared to their Wrestlekingdom match. Lesnar beating Reigns was delicious death though. I give it 6/10.

Pretty sure Goldberg coming back after HOF but he seemed to signal Reigns so will see how they get there.

NXT Takeover seems to have made a huge mistake by going to 3 hours. Was good as usual but felt a bit bloated with match length. Baszler should have won way quicker and the false finishes in Gargano match went on too long. Almas has been my wrestler of last 12 months, assume he's coming to Smackdown. Has a good chance with his manager.

Bloodsport was a very fun show and looking forward to catching up on Evolve. 

How did people enjoy the weekend?

I was watching ring of honor wrestling on the weekend

I'd never heard about it before but it was pretty entertaining. Kind of like poor man's wwf.

I liked the wrestlers or rather CHARACTERS

I don't think their athletic tricks were better than wwf. But it reminded me of when I watched wwf in grade 4 long long ago.

They used to show WWF catch up shows on terrestrial tv over here when I was younger - back in the days of Randy Savage / Bushwackas / Legion of Doom etc.

I don't even know if you can get it on Sky any more these days? Probably, but yeah not watched it in years.  Used to be fun.

Crazy to see the Undertaker is still going - is it the same guy? He must be pretty old by now.

That six man ladder match on NXT was the match of the weekend for me... My sons and I were walking around in pain after a ladder was used. The surprise for me was asuka losing. I thought they would milk that out for a bit.

Archived