IGNORED

getting a new acoustic guitar

don't get an acoustic electric. they sound so thin. a mic'd acoustic sounds way better, imo.

you can get a decent enough fender or yamaha for around $200

listen to aeser.

end of story.

d-28 classic era.

done.

right. assuming you have 3K to 5K to drop on a guitar, then sure go for a Martin D28. if you're a dyi bedroom musician, a $200 fender is cool.

listen to aeser.

end of story.

d-28 classic era.

done.

right. assuming you have 3K to 5K to drop on a guitar, then sure go for a Martin D28. if you're a dyi bedroom musician, a $200 fender is cool.

lol, yeah i know - you're perfectly correct. just gobbing in general idealisms.

Martin do have a very affordable range (X-series) starting at around £749. They are made at their Mexico plant as opposed to Nazareth, PA but the workmanship is very good and they sound like a Martin should.

(visited the Martin factory in PA as it happens, when I was over in NYC last month. went out for dinner with a load of them inc Chris Martin himself...great tour and great people. So goody goody for me eh?)

Guest Mr. Magoo

just ask the 16 year olds with semi long hair falling in front of their eyes at the guitar store

I dunno if Ashton are an Australian-only brand but they sound freakin' grand even from the built-in pickups. Mine cost me $$120AU because it has a tiny tiny dent on the back (by tiny I mean 1cm across).

Guest Mr. Magoo

fuck electric mcgriff buy a bass, i bought one for $350 AU, so thats (xe.com) $258 US, but i know i got cheated the place sells microkorgs for 800 US !!!

but i might go back and buy, or go to another shop, and get a really good bass, maybe $1000 one :)

Guest legoplay=fun

i have a cheapish acoustic by some company called tanglewood which is pretty good for the price i paid for it. had it for a while now tho.

Archived