IGNORED

seqnzer - Blinkta

maftedv2

I'm going to Richmond, London tomorrow! 

I listened to that blinkta track. There is some cool sound design going on here. I think you can maybe make the track less dense and give it more space. Let less elements be talking at the same time and space them out. 

Liking that sort of break at 4.30. There you have something nice going on with the percussion and the synth underneath. I would just keep removing elements here and end the track around the 6-7 min mark.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:30 AM, zoix said:

I'm going to Richmond, London tomorrow! 

I listened to that blinkta track. There is some cool sound design going on here. I think you can maybe make the track less dense and give it more space. Let less elements be talking at the same time and space them out. 

Liking that sort of break at 4.30. There you have something nice going on with the percussion and the synth underneath. I would just keep removing elements here and end the track around the 6-7 min mark.

Hahah nice, one of the few english names that made its way through the huguenots around here.

I'm used to busy like old download and the like but I can see your point.  It's an excerpt of a longer recording that has been challenging to arrange.  Thanks for the thoughts!

2 hours ago, auxien said:

blinkta is really interesting, if a little meandering (not necessarily a bad thing of course)

definitely checking out more from you :music:

Thank ya sir

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice, absolutely beautiful array of sounds and percussion - are all these tracks made with modular gear? I've got a good friend who just spent thousands building his own rack and he's getting some similar sounds that I'm quite jealous of. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. It's mostly Reason with some random hardware like a boss se70, k2000, and Rack 2x on a few of the tracks. I love the engine on the kurzweil.

8 hours ago, maftedv2 said:

Thank you. It's mostly Reason with some random hardware like a boss se70, k2000, and Rack 2x on a few of the tracks. I love the engine on the kurzweil.

You've definitely got some interesting sounds out of Reason. Would've never guessed (I used to use Reason for several years). Good work. ?

Thank ya sir, I'm going to check your stuff too!

It's funny about Reason.. I've had friends show me official processes and 'the way you're supposed to do it' and they end up making stuff that's boring as hell. It's no fun that way.. gotta experiment and see what happens. The best is when unexpected sounds occur and then I know to start recording haha

Archived