IGNORED

Trance without kickdrums

Threads

ah, the post-trance fad is still alive. Good to know.

The funny thing is (at least to me) is that since it has no drums, and the arpeggio is usually sort of elevated and sublime, it listens as some kind of interlude, or a skit, if you will, after which you will hear "proper" tracks with drums and stuff, only it doesn't happen here. It's like a chord progression where it all eventually needs to come back "home" to the root chord because our brains are wired that way. But yeah, I guess, it's, like, the genre rules are different here obviously.

As for the sound itself, to me it lacks some interesting textures and moving parts besides the main arpeggio, and breaking said arpeggio in some ways. I understand that it's dance music at its core, but I would appreciate a more experimental approach to it. Sort of like what OPN did on Garden of Delete. More deconstruction, more warped and mangled stuff, not just raw hypersaw arpeggio throughout the whole track.

I might be biased, so take it with a grain of salt. After all it's just my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Archived