IGNORED

Made this song in my bedroom, inspired by Porcupine Tree, Boards of Canada, Tycho, etc.

Hey guys,

I'm a 28-year-old that creates music in my bedroom under the name Nautical Operator. I just finished up this track and thought some of you might like it, you can download it for free from Bandcamp if you do. All feedback welcome and appreciated! 

https://petercrofton.bandcamp.com/track/amnesia

Reminds me of the 90's and early 00's, which are a time in music I sometimes have a REAL soft spot for. You're kind of mixing elements of different styles of those periods that I've happened to listen to over the years, so this is pretty much up my alley.

I try to mix live instruments with digital synths, kind of like what  you seem to be doing, but I almost always have trouble with it.

Also, I'm pretty jealous of those vocals. My singing is pretty weak.

18 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

Reminds me of the 90's and early 00's, which are a time in music I sometimes have a REAL soft spot for. You're kind of mixing elements of different styles of those periods that I've happened to listen to over the years, so this is pretty much up my alley.

I try to mix live instruments with digital synths, kind of like what  you seem to be doing, but I almost always have trouble with it.

Also, I'm pretty jealous of those vocals. My singing is pretty weak.

Thanks! I'm definitely a huge fan of that era of music, reminds me of when I got my first iPod and could finally explore music without making dozens of mix CDs. Nostalgia also plays a huge role when writing for me. 

I too mix live instruments with VSTs and digital synths, and I find the hardest part is the drums. I've got a cache of drums I've recorded for other projects that went nowhere, so I tend to sample snares, kicks, and occasionally cymbals. I'd be happy to upload some if you're interested. 

As for the singing, I really appreciate that. I don't consider myself a singer and it always takes me so long to track the vocals. Often times I get so frustrated that I ditch songs just because I can't make the singing work ? 

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Remember to comment on other people's music before posting your own

Apologies - I haven't been around these forums in quite a while and forgot the proper etiquette. I'm looking forward to being an active member from now on, and promise I won't do that again! 

33 minutes ago, nauticaloperator said:

Apologies - I haven't been around these forums in quite a while and forgot the proper etiquette. I'm looking forward to being an active member from now on, and promise I won't do that again! 

No worries, man ?
I'll give your track a listen later tonight

On 8/6/2019 at 5:24 PM, nauticaloperator said:

Hey guys,

I'm a 28-year-old that creates music in my bedroom under the name Nautical Operator. I just finished up this track and thought some of you might like it, you can download it for free from Bandcamp if you do. All feedback welcome and appreciated! 

https://petercrofton.bandcamp.com/track/amnesia

Sounds great!

Archived