IGNORED

natural music

zlemflolia

like natural language except music, made in the moment without preparation or plans, by anyone who wants to join in, without formally constructed instruments apart from those objects which are immediately available, with no rules, structural requirements, or judgment.  if one person in the group isn't playing good, the others must play in a way that accommodates that person's musical style or even highlights it

any smart music theory people tell me good ways to learn more about this. i guess that it would be intimately linked to human social dynamics and perception of time and rhythm in dynamic systems with feedback capabilities in a way moreso than traditional music

4 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

what came to mind with the title was stuff like

different from what u describe tho

wow thats exactly what i meant, except in the material digital realm.  i meant it entirely in human beings and their appendages.  i forgot to post my related video in the OP.  your video is like a deconstruction of it into metal and objectified human knowledge, what i envisioned was this being done by the humans, with realtime human creativity, spontaneity, and all past life musical experiences being put into the system

i was in a noise collective for years that did something similar to this (while we did allow 'formally constructed instruments', we encouraged odd sound sources). anyone was welcome to sit in. tons of fun. the resulting tunes were questionable but it was more about the camaraderie.

almost sure you're not looking for this but anyway:

but maybe this that Ding Ding posted in world music, not the video cause it was edited but lots of the individual scenes may be what you're looking for... lots of rhythms in africa born out of work chores...

Archived