IGNORED

Best software 303 sound?

Guest hahathhat

Guest DrHat

hi. what's everyone's favorite 303-via-software solution?

i'm looking for a vst plugin. i already have a bunch, but i'm just wondering what people think.

and, yes, i know a real 303 sounds best.

Guest Captain Cooper

Most people, myself included, seem to agree that Audiorealism Bassline is the best 303esque VST.

Guest greenbank

yeop, best genuine 303 emu is abl. if you just want ace acid sounds then i like using modular stuff like vaz and reaktor, the filters and everything are totally different but you can still get an ace rezzy squeal.

rebirth

LOL! AudioRealism Bassline Pro. Hands down. I've heard all of 'em, AudioRealism kicks the shit out of ALL the competition.

Guest Promo
yeop, best genuine 303 emu is abl. if you just want ace acid sounds then i like using modular stuff like vaz and reaktor, the filters and everything are totally different but you can still get an ace rezzy squeal.

Don't wanna lick your ass or anything Greeny but you're certainly, in my mind, one of the best artists out there at adding funky virtual 303 acid to a tune.

my beef with audiorealism is that it sounds too warm

i don't mean analogue-warm - i mean it sounds soft around the edges and quite dark - sort of like an ARP Avatar

rebirth sounds more 303-like to me - but very thin... i'd probably be inclined to use rebirth and run it through TL Saturated Driver and HarmonEQ

I understand what you mean, personally I really like the soft round quality, never been a big fan of harsh sounds.

rebirth has a 808 and 909 which sounds alright, i used to sync it with a 707, but now i dont use it anymore. just a 606 drum machine wise.

rebirth has dogy latency you have to manully sync up. which sucked.

the filter was pretty good as well.

how about the phoscyon vs abl? the phoscyon sounds really nice to me, not so toyish as both rebirth and abl.

ABL pwns Phoscyon...

theyve just put loads of distortion on all the phoscyon samples.. and it does sound rather thin

ABL has a quite "big" sound in a sense, sits very well in a mix in my opinion.. sounds great just the pure sound, i particularly love the way it sounds when you turn up env mod, cutoff and accent to the max and turn down resonance and make a trippy loop alternating accented and non-accented notes

edit: awesome, i have 303 posts. and the 303rd post was made in a thread about 303's! \o/

Archived