IGNORED

recommended if you like underworld?

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

i am a huge fan of underworld but they are pretty unique; d/led some fluke and sasha just as recently as can be; is there anything else i should look into?

They are pretty unique.

But if you like Underworld try some Quivver, Guy J's album "esperanza" on Bedrock, and maybe also some of the stuff Tiefschwarz put out.

John Digweed is the don of progressive / tech house, I completely recommend his Transitions series of mix CDs released through Renaissance (all 4 of them are great in their own ways); he also has a weekly radio show worth checking in to - http://www.protonradio.com/show.php?showid=348

He has weekly guests from the world of techno / house / etc.

Delphic are just as unique as underworld if a little too unique

I was going to say Delphic, but after listening to their album a couple of times i'm not too sure about them. They are certainly not in the same league as Underworld, although I think they have only had 1 release so theres still time.

I was going to say Delphic, but after listening to their album a couple of times i'm not too sure about them. They are certainly not in the same league as Underworld, although I think they have only had 1 release so theres still time.

a young whipper snapper behind the bar in my local said to me check this band out thier your kinda thing

the first thing i said was 'underworld' and he didn't know who they were

I'm told Delphic are a solid live act but their music sounds TOO much like orbital, chemicals and underworld

that reminds me must get tickets for the real thing in manchester

a young whipper snapper behind the bar in my local said to me check this band out thier your kinda thing

the first thing i said was 'underworld' and he didn't know who they were

I'm told Delphic are a solid live act but their music sounds TOO much like orbital, chemicals and underworld

that reminds me must get tickets for the real thing in manchester

its strange only a few got away with proper vocals with dance music without being cheezy

• 5 years later...

Marco V has some Underworld vibes in his early to mid 2000's work.

The big room trancey vibes for sure.

I have a spot for "indicator"

Most definitely, great stuff.

little side note, funny enough both Underworld and Marco V collabed with Sander Van Doorn... still haven't checked Van Doorn's solo work, but want to, wonder if there's a common thread

SvD, IMO, is sat on the shitty side of the trance fence.

His latest track appears to be a baseline house remix of Olive "your not alone" and it sucks too much for me to link here.

Haha interesting, and yes I suspected that considering he has releases out on Spinnin. Not to bash that label or anything, but they literally put nothing out but cliched "big room" edm templates (preposterously often referred to lately as "progressive"). I mean the label may as well sell their own brand edm song-construction-kits. There's nothing progressive about using the same exact kick drum in every track, the same wobbles, the same leads doing the same cadences, and the same builds and breaks. I haven't listened to the above track though, so no harsh words on the guy.

Fuck dudez, that Sander van Doorn track is so fucking bad that I have to post this:

[youtubehd]Ior0a1Bs6ew[/youtubehd]

This thread is basically a Walmart that I need to drive my Lamborghini Countach through to help humanity. Sometimes obese, value/moral/class/aesthetic-less people in their electronic mobility carts get run over when you're Countach'ing at 180 MPH, but maybe that wouldn't happen if those feces-dwelling trolls didn't base their lives around 100% garbage. Isn't that fucked up? Some people fill their lives with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT GARBAGE. That's hardcore. Obviously sending love to these people is the best solution for humanity, but it doesn't mean that they don't make me simultaneously sad and sick. Like you ever puke so hard that you're crying? It's like that.

Speaking of Underworld: Last night in an abandoned subway tunnel in Tokyo I was snake fighting, which is very scary- really dangerous, so- really popular at midnight everybody dancing on street here. Everyone with same identity. Down there sake... sake is really strong like vodka- really dangerous- so everyone get rolled up newspaper and setting on fire and put it in between... snake fighting- LIFE!- strong food and string drink... at midnight.

Archived