IGNORED

Roland finally releasing evolution to TR-808

Chris Toffer

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got one, it's pretty fucking good yeah...does have some slight issues with the accent emulation - not quite perfect yet, but they have improved it with the latest update and sure it will get better with subsequent updates.... it's also a pretty versatile general bass synth - plenty of decent bass presets on there in addition to the 303 sound. it's probably not quite as good as a x0xb0x or TT-303 bassbot for pure acid, but it's like 95% as good plus you get all the other sounds plus it's only £230 odd...horses for courses. also build quality is fantastic.

Bassbot is only £100 more and you get the env mod knob included which is kind of important for acid imo!!!!

It's probably tweaked more than cut-off in 99% of acid tunes!!!

Roland are stupid.

The System 1 is definitely the most appalling for me in the series.

Fixed ;)

I've got one, it's pretty fucking good yeah...does have some slight issues with the accent emulation - not quite perfect yet, but they have improved it with the latest update and sure it will get better with subsequent updates.... it's also a pretty versatile general bass synth - plenty of decent bass presets on there in addition to the 303 sound. it's probably not quite as good as a x0xb0x or TT-303 bassbot for pure acid, but it's like 95% as good plus you get all the other sounds plus it's only £230 odd...horses for courses. also build quality is fantastic.

Bassbot is only £100 more and you get the env mod knob included which is kind of important for acid imo!!!!

It's probably tweaked more than cut-off in 99% of acid tunes!!!

Roland are stupid.

The System 1 is definitely the most appalling for me in the series.

Fixed ;)

The Env and Decay are manipulated with the touch pad instead of having knobs. I was put off at first, but I've grown to like it. It makes it possible to make instant changes just by touching the pad.

lol TB-3 has an envmod knob - on the 303 saw and square wave presets the "effect" knob acts as envmod. there is also an envmod button which, when pressed, allows you to use the touch keyboard as the envmod control so you can zoom your finger around on that for mental envmod tweaking....it's actually better than just having one knob for it....

lol TB-3 has an envmod knob - on the 303 saw and square wave presets the "effect" knob acts as envmod. there is also an envmod button which, when pressed, allows you to use the touch keyboard as the envmod control so you can zoom your finger around on that for mental envmod tweaking....it's actually better than just having one knob for it....

Lol, I'm just shitting with you - I didn't know the knob function changed, that is better than the touch screen nonsense for sure.

I still think Roland are stupid.

Lol, I'm just shitting with you - I didn't know the knob function changed, that is better than the touch screen nonsense for sure.

The TB-3 sounds pretty damn close to a TB-303 plus a whole bunch of other effects and sounds. But sure, someone can buy a Bassbot for $100 more if they care more about purity of sound than versatility and flexibility.

The TB-3 sounds pretty damn close to a TB-303 plus a whole bunch of other effects and sounds. But sure, someone can buy a Bassbot for $100 more if they care more about purity of sound than versatility and flexibility.

Yes it does sound good but if like me you already had a Bassbot, would you still buy one?? I think its great for the money but Roland have done very little to temp existing clone owners away. They did a good job with the price but it still doesn't tempt me and that pisses me off as I really wanted basically the Bassbot but made by Roland!!

FWIW I think the Bassbot is a much better machine than an original TB-303 due to the OS improvements and midi. Also, for me the CV control, the audio in for the analog filter and oddly being battery operated, makes it much more versatile than the TB-3 would be in my studio, where as you feel the opposite :) - like I said mate, my issue is with Roland and not people like you who are happy with their instrument.

Yes it does sound good but if like me you already had a Bassbot, would you still buy one?? I think its great for the money but Roland have done very little to temp existing clone owners away. They did a good job with the price but it still doesn't tempt me and that pisses me off as I really wanted basically the Bassbot but made by Roland!!

FWIW I think the Bassbot is a much better machine than an original TB-303 due to the OS improvements and midi. Also, for me the CV control, the audio in for the analog filter and oddly being battery operated, makes it much more versatile than the TB-3 would be in my studio, where as you feel the opposite :) - like I said mate, my issue is with Roland and not people like you who are happy with their instrument.

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't downplay how great the Bassbot is! If I had one prior to getting the TB-3, I certainly wouldn't complain. The TB-3 came out at the time after I just got the Volcas, so it was perfect for me. And all the extras effects and DSP settings really impressed me when I would have been happy with just the saw and square waves. It's saved me from having to buy more insert effect racks or pedals! That's not to say that I wouldn't buy them in the future anyway. ;)

Archived