IGNORED

Roland finally releasing evolution to TR-808

Chris Toffer

So underwhelming... 20 years too late, Roland. Maybe the System-1 is worthwile, but I doubt it.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the price! sounds alright...TR-8 seems pretty decent anyway. not sure about the TB-3. will need to get down to digital village when they get some and have a listen first hand. price point is very tempting though.

"It has 96khz sound quality - This means that the filters are very smooth and warm and the sound quality as well is very warm and present"

Off.

Swedish accent detected.

Guest jasondonervan

I'm liking the price! sounds alright...TR-8 seems pretty decent anyway. not sure about the TB-3. will need to get down to digital village when they get some and have a listen first hand. price point is very tempting though.

Owww much, can't find any prices

If they go the distance with the VSTs and the plug out stuff, the system one that could be really awesome. Assuming the sounds of the VSTs are at least faithful enough, it would be super legit to have SH-101, Juno sounds (Polyphony tho), hell even 303 bass (if you can still call that a 303 without the sequencer) in that box as well, on top of having the core synthesizer in there. And, like he mentioned, if it all auto maps, that would be super convenient getting straight to the knob twiddling.

What legacy hardware is the VT-3 based on? I don't get if its supposed to be an effects box for your hardware or just for vocoder/performance stuff.

Sorry double posting because I can't edit my above post.

CDM posted unconfirmed prices here.

SYSTEM-1 is really a synth/keyboard, not a modular (despite the name). It’s a new synth, but it’s also a controller for computer software modeling vintage Roland synths, and you can load those models onto the keyboard. Because you can load those models from software onto hardware, Roland dubs it “Plug-Out Synthesizer.” Price: US$599 – ish.

TR-8 Rhythm Performer. “Full reproduction” of both the 808 and 909, promising not just the sounds but details in behavior (like what happens when you have multiple instruments in accented steps). Price: US$499 – ish.

TB-3 Touch Bassline. Think a component-modeled 303 with a touch pad and new step sequencer. Price: US$299 – ish.

VT-3 Voice Transformer. It’s probably gotten the least attention, but this could be a big seller at this price. Multiple effects in one box: vocoder (a la VP-330), glitch, lo-fi, robot, auto-pitch, and voice-controlled synths. Price: US$199 – ish.

Holy shit these are either gonna sound like crap, or acid house is going to be the new producer trend, like Maschine sequenced trap hihats. And the scatter being "idm knob", Its like beat repeat/buffer shuffler with only one setting.

And to answer my question above, the VT-3 is based on the VP-330. Cool I'd never heard that before.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this is way better for only $99.00.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BeatStep/

Arturia Beatstep

USB/MIDI/CV Controller and 16-step Sequencer, with 16 Velocity/Pressure Sensitive Pads, 16 Encoders, and 16 User Presets.

Owww much, can't find any prices

apparently TR-8 is £400 and TB-3 is £250.

it just doesn't make any sense considering how many real analog cheap-ish knockoffs have been made of the 303 and 808, not to mention things like the Novation drum station which are digital 808 emulations... but so is this. Roland really wasted a lot of time, i hope all these products bomb to be honest

Archived