IGNORED

Richard D. James social experiment, Syro, fakes, leaks, media and stupid fans

Guest capitan mission

90% of these fake Syro tracks are uninspired garbage. They just stick shitty digital distortion and modulation over their kick drums and think that passes for Aphex quality. LOL

if i were afx and wanted to confuse people/have a laugh i wouldnt use analog or any super fancy stuff to help people unveil my true identity =) Just, you know, some Fruity Loops or whatever came to hand and sounded bad, so only the true Jedi can hear the difference, because it's not the instruments, it's how he uses them. But I know you know that already =) Im not suggesting some tracks are afex, just making a point. also

• He’s currently making new music with electro-mechanical instruments including MIDI pipe organs, a Disklavier controlled piano, and computer-controlled percussion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that lots of aphex imitators or artists in the same brain dance family such as jodey Kendrick and monolith miss is that perfect sense of dischord.

His tracks can be really booty shakin but he also throws some really jarring bits in there that never seem to detract from the fun, but still totally keep you on your toes. IMO

The effect is similar to someone playing a joke on you that makes you uncomfortable at first, but still funny and not mean for meanness' sake.

One thing that lots of aphex imitators or artists in the same brain dance family such as jodey Kendrick and monolith miss is that perfect sense of dischord.

His tracks can be really booty shakin but he also throws some really jarring bits in there that never seem to detract from the fun, but still totally keep you on your toes. IMO

The effect is similar to someone playing a joke on you that makes you uncomfortable at first, but still funny and not mean for meanness' sake.

Exactly!) Music is basically the reflection of what you are on the inside. If you are a pussy, your music will be pussy. It's like that really shy guy in a company - you just have no interest in chatting with him because he's so plastic and unreal, and if he made a music it will totally reflect that - it will be dull and probably unoriginal, I've seen that a lot.

Richard on the other hand got balls. He really doesnt care. Im sure he's wicked, smart and funny, but at the same time has beautiful and vulnerable soul. I heard his music so many times that I know him as a friend of mine. He helped me a lot in the trips too. That's why I love him, for being true and honest with us in his music. I think some tunes say a lot more about person than any words.

Jodey and Monolith also have balls, but not as big as Richards balls. I never felt the same listening to them, and it's not only about quality of sounds and synths. It's like their music comes more form the techiq, knowledge, imitation, formulas, i dunno. It's like sometimes they are trying too hard and it comes unnatural and you get bored after some time. Hail to the Lord!

Guest capitan mission

I follow some guys that make real good braindance and Im very suspicious about their true identity. They are into very interesting software/hardware, and the music is very rdj, I could put them as syro leaks and a lot of people could buy it. In fact im very surprised that nobody talked about them in watmm...

Personally I really think that richard released a lot of music anonymously, and Im very curious about Syro, I want to know what he choose to put under his big name.

I'm always up for some grade A braindance, so please let's have it!

wanna share - http://wagawaga.bandcamp.com/album/acid-highway

more braindub than braindance, but guy knows the drill and is kinda uniq

sorry if it is well known fact

also im pretty sure steinvord is afx or afx/tom

have a great day!

no sorry pal! i will hear it later

"Thomas Tregaskin" channel : http://youtu.be/iJW9N4C-b1E

well made braindance

90% of these fake Syro tracks are uninspired garbage. They just stick shitty digital distortion and modulation over their kick drums and think that passes for Aphex quality. LOL

if i were afx and wanted to confuse people/have a laugh i wouldnt use analog or any super fancy stuff to help people unveil my true identity =) Just, you know, some Fruity Loops or whatever came to hand and sounded bad, so only the true Jedi can hear the difference, because it's not the instruments, it's how he uses them. But I know you know that already =) Im not suggesting some tracks are afex, just making a point. also

• He’s currently making new music with electro-mechanical instruments including MIDI pipe organs, a Disklavier controlled piano, and computer-controlled percussion.

exactly that. Seems like the one who made that syro fake leak choose cheap sound on purpose, maybe he made it with and old atari tracker! :)

but theres some skill in there.

I have never believed Steinvord was Rich. I wanted to believe it was him really bad. When i first heard talk of the existence of the Tuss EP's and them being secret RDJ releases, i was very skeptical. Then i saw the track names and got this wave of excitement over me. The moment i heard the music it was very apparent who was behind it. I have spent a lot of time listening to electronic music hoping this will happen again. I have never been fooled for even a moment by any AFX 'fakes'.

Guest capitan mission

Just when i thought I've heard all Tregaskin family, you gave me this! Mindbending. Thanks dud!

jaja, youre welcome!

is this going to be nother steinvord thread with people being all 'no guys its not him i KNOW this because i listen to afx like lots' and 'no it IS him and your deaf'?

i hope not.

Guest capitan mission

is this going to be nother steinvord thread with people being all 'no guys its not him i KNOW this because i listen to afx like lots' and 'no it IS him and your deaf'?

i hope not.

read the thread. is not about steinvord. Is about hype, about how a brand can change our perception of the music, etc. Its like, we care about a big name release or we care about great music?

wanna share - http://wagawaga.bandcamp.com/album/acid-highway

more braindub than braindance, but guy knows the drill and is kinda uniq

sorry if it is well known fact

Yeah, Wagawaga is great, I particularly like his Hyper Typewriter album. As you say, not really "braindance", but he surely knows his way around breaks, acid basses, sound design and weird beats.

"Thomas Tregaskin" channel : http://youtu.be/iJW9N4C-b1E

well made braindance

That's a good groove and a cool out-of-tune bassline! I like the vibe. And the sound design sounds pretty decisive, but it's not much more than a one bar loop and a guy tweaking the filter. Can't really say he's giving AFX a run for his money (which it sounded like from some descriptions earlier in the thread), there's simply too much lacking. Some counterpoint, some dynamics, some drama, some madness, etc. Anyway, it's a bit lacking for 7+ minute track.

Any more contenders? Gimme. :wink:

I think the Tuss really proved how much rides on the branding of an artists name. I wasn't going to forums and reading blogs at the time so it took a couple years for word of the Tuss to reach me, and i consider RDJ to be my favorite musician. It has one of my top 5 favorite RDJ tracks on it too. I remember being really embarrassed that i had missed out on it, even though there was nobody to be embarrassed in front of. Even if i wasn't digging deep into the net for info currently i'm sure i would have heard about Syro's announcement within a couple days.

That's a good groove and a cool out-of-tune bassline! I like the vibe. And the sound design sounds pretty decisive, but it's not much more than a one bar loop and a guy tweaking the filter. Can't really say he's giving AFX a run for his money (which it sounded like from some descriptions earlier in the thread), there's simply too much lacking. Some counterpoint, some dynamics, some drama, some madness, etc. Anyway, it's a bit lacking for 7+ minute track.

Any more contenders? Gimme. :wink:

basically all tregaskins lack complexity or epicness. it's more like goofnes and taking a piss at whole braindance artists and their fans that try to emulate them. he even sings about it lol. the tuss were so awesome and well done that "fake" accounts in contrast seem kinda lacking, as you said. even primitive i might add. but there's still spirit in this tracks, they are funny and interesting to listen

i also have this idea, that maybe it's not just social experiment, but also dedication/honor of oldschool techno traditions of enigma (like underground resistance, drexia etc). he said in some interview, that atrwork of ICBYD (face) meant that "everybody was doing underground and kept their personalities in secret at that time, i thought hey, ill do opposite and draw my face all over the cover. and then write my name on RDJ album so it'll be crystal clear etc.."

also i wanted to throw jega - Hydrodynamic in you, but it's not even on internetz. but you probably know that, good idms

Yes.

I ususally detect a level of sarcasim/humour, or sense of contempt for the audience in a lot of RDJ's braindance work. That's why I couldn't understand the whole Monolith 'Is it him?" thing... seemed completely obvious to me that it was just a guy wanting to make some straight from the heart catchy dance music. If it was RDJ, it woulg've gotten creepy/challenging at some point in the song.

Archived