IGNORED

SF soundclog listening party

Tatdylf

Guest damageis

Definitely in for this. Can take a turn playing DJ if needed. Could also just setup a lush playlist in Ableton w/ transitions and such, for however long needed....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah damn, well it said on their website that every event is 21+ so i don't think i can make this. Although this will be a much smaller event so maybe it can be all ages?

Otherwise, :catsuicide:

This is going to be a private event, I will have to double check but I think it won't be 21+. Just whoever we can coordinate here and our friends so hopefully there is a decent turnout.

if you have time lets chat about what the plan is. I still think a public event would be the way to go, but I'm down to help with a private event too. Colin/William Braintree is down to DJ as well.

ok well I don't think it's going to happen at Audio, I'm not sure what happened but they aren't returning my calls, so it's pretty safe to say that's out. That's the bad news.

The good news is we have another venue lined up in Oakland, so this is still happening. Sometime this month...

Mods change thread title to Oakland please?

Aight cool, what venue is it?

Also, why weren't they returning your calls if you work there? :mellow:

The venue shall remain unnamed in true Aphexian fashion, but it's in Chinatown in Oakland and Ceephax played there last year...

Well I am dealing with the GM who is busy, pops in and out and when pressed she said 'call me' so I did and she didn't return my calls. I followed up in person and she said 'I'll call you' so she blew me off. Typical service industry bullshit. I dropped it because paying my rent is more important.

• 2 weeks later...

Aight cool, what venue is it?

Also, why weren't they returning your calls if you work there? :mellow:

The venue shall remain unnamed in true Aphexian fashion, but it's in Chinatown in Oakland and Ceephax played there last year...

Well I am dealing with the GM who is busy, pops in and out and when pressed she said 'call me' so I did and she didn't return my calls. I followed up in person and she said 'I'll call you' so she blew me off. Typical service industry bullshit. I dropped it because paying my rent is more important.

is this the place?

sorry guys I'm having a lot of trouble getting this together, it looks like the Oakland venue backed out too. I'm talking to a third venue, back in sf now, tentatively the 26th, but its not confirmed yet, hopefully I'll know in a day or two.

mods can we please change the thread title to sf instead of oakland? thanks :)

Nice! I will let some folks know!

Yes, please do! We will have the back room, there is something else going on in the front.

YES! thanks for organizing this, just turned 21 too so ill be able to make this

Edit: and this is for sure 21+? cuz i have a few friends who are underage that would be down to go to this

yeah, clubs out in SF don't fuck around you'd have to have a fake ID to probably get away with it depending on the circumstances

Archived