IGNORED

The original BOC cassette EBAY drama

Guest Datathief

So it's YOUR fault the box set never came out?

Soz if this sounds like a silly question. But why would this leak stop a box set coming out? (I'm not that steeped in BOC lore) I was under the impression it's been always been 'in the works', so to speak.

I was being sarcastic. i dont remember clearly but i could have sworn there were many people around that time shouting "dont share the old tapes! they are having a box set coming soon! dont ruin it!" or something along those lines. so the fact that everyone has them now made me think "okay i guess they gave up on the box set lol"

Roger that colunga!

(I did think you were being serious lol). As I said I'm not that well versed in BOC Lore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bummer that a release of their earlier material was heavily rumored (even mdg'd) but never came to pass. There's a beautiful innocence in their earlier stuff, what with being completely free from the burdens of expectation & self-consciousness.

Hasn't come to pass - yet...

If anything, BOC fans should be accustomed by now to releases happening on "BOC Time" versus what other artists release paces are...

Guest PurpleMoustache

It's a bummer that a release of their earlier material was heavily rumored (even mdg'd) but never came to pass. There's a beautiful innocence in their earlier stuff, what with being completely free from the burdens of expectation & self-consciousness.

If anything, BOC fans should be accustomed by now to releases happening on "BOC Time" versus what other artists release paces are...

I have a feeling that you know something...

I know its a slight tangent but any mention of BOC Time starts my brain whirring. One thing I get the vibe with about Tomorrows Harvest is that it seems to be a prelude to something huge....

But that could be my overactive imagination. I hope.

I know its a slight tangent but any mention of BOC Time starts my brain whirring. One thing I get the vibe with about Tomorrows Harvest is that it seems to be a prelude to something huge....

yeah, cause more BoC would be terrible. heeh

/reread what you wrote. i ain't trolling, i'm just strolling

yeah, cause more BoC would be terrible. heeh

/reread what you wrote. i ain't trolling, i'm just strolling

barking at the moon my friend, as per usual :diablo:

It's funny because I was never really interested in the early unreleased BOC stuff, I like their official records way more. But I was always wondering why the heck there was never a Datathief album. Is there any unreleased Datathief material from back in the late 90's?

It's funny because I was never really interested in the early unreleased BOC stuff, I like their official records way more. But I was always wondering why the heck there was never a Datathief album. Is there any unreleased Datathief material from back in the late 90's?

BOC will leak it online.

I have a feeling that you know something...

Archived