IGNORED

Hooper Bay

Guest Salvinorin

Guest audiopollution
Remember that the OT tapes were given out more freely (a mistake) than the album releases - in fact, the only verifiable person I know that own's actual copies of BoC's back catalogue is the Cosmic Crofter, which I think works for Benbecula now. He was the one that set up the old BoC EHX site (BoC's first webpage) where these old releases were first mentioned (first it was just Twoism and BoC Maxima, back to Acid Memories, then the really rare ones like Catalog 3 and Closes Volume One appeared, with the mention that they had been "repressed" onto CD in 1997. I think BoC does not include them in their current discography due to the overwhelming requests for copies of the music or information on them.

While 'A Few Old Tunes' and 'Old Tunes Vol. 2' were widely circulated, as 'demo reels' (of sorts), 'Old Tunes Vol. 1' (a name applied to it, despite any attribution on the cassette itself) was not.

I agree, with Joyrex, that these other older releases do exist. Given time, I'm sure they'll eventually surface in one form or another.

Can the samples of 'Circles' and 'Wouldn't You Like To Be Free?' still be found anywhere? I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've only ever heard 'Duffy' from the original excerpts. Never heard the other two, as I didn't have any access to the internet back then.

Here's the extract of that "Wouldn't you like to be free" track and I think the non-fake extracts from Circle and Duffy . Some ninny has transcoded them to 256kbps as they probably thought they'd somehow magic the extra sound quality by doing so.

• 3 months later...
Guest Demerzel
yeah but then you have the mystery untitled demo tapes with obvious boc tracks on it that nobody can label, they could be from any of the old releases, its impossible to know until a genuine leak surfaces tho :/

not all are "obvious" boc tracks, imo. at least the nameless ones.

edit: fuck, I thought this was the newer thread of the same name. didnt mean to bump an ancient pos.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Moebius

I'd be very interested to get a hold of the original real audio copies of these if anyone has those (or any other files from the old old BoC websites).

Guest Moebius
Remember that the OT tapes were given out more freely (a mistake) than the album releases - in fact, the only verifiable person I know that own's actual copies of BoC's back catalogue is the Cosmic Crofter, which I think works for Benbecula now. He was the one that set up the old BoC EHX site (BoC's first webpage) where these old releases were first mentioned (first it was just Twoism and BoC Maxima, back to Acid Memories, then the really rare ones like Catalog 3 and Closes Volume One appeared, with the mention that they had been "repressed" onto CD in 1997. I think BoC does not include them in their current discography due to the overwhelming requests for copies of the music or information on them.

CC did not state that he actually had a copy of any of the back catalogue, but his post (to the old electronic music list) was a bit vague on that point.

He still has at least some involvement with Benbecula, he wrote the eulogies for Ivor Cutler and John Peel.

I was told the BoC Discog on the old EHX site was from his personal collection, so that implies that he does have the actual releases, and I've been told by others that he does indeed own said releases.

Archived