IGNORED

Kid For Today - Merck construct

granty

Im new here, though Ive been an obsessive BoC since MHTRTC came out, so hello.

I downloaded Kid For Today (Merck construct) off napster ages ago, probably about a year before ABPOITC was even released. I remember worrying about it at the time cos I though it was fake, but when I realised it was real and it was going to be released I nearly shat my pants with excitement...

Anyway, anyone know anything about the Merck version? Theres not as much to it really, its more repetetive than the released version, with the main melody playing constantly instead of being introduced later in the track...

Yes, this would be interesting to hear... post please!

No it ain't the Stereolab remix, which incidentally came out before the IABPOITC release bizarrely. Maybe the version Ive got was on some obscure compilation?

You'll have to wait till I visit my mums on Sunday for me to post it, its on her PC...

it aint a legit remix

Source? That's what they said about the ROYGBIV remix BoC did for that film student...

i read that on the yahoo boards, thats the only source i have..could be wrong

im sure if it was legit we would of heard more about it, it being merck and all that..

Even if its not legit - where did they get the material before it was released? Im pretty sure it wasn't on their old website...

it aint a legit remix

Source? That's what they said about the ROYGBIV remix BoC did for that film student...

Where can I get it?!

it aint a legit remix

Is this the Alphaquest Mix you speak of, done for a certain Andy Soosay?

I was at art college with Mr S back in the day, and managed to borrow this DAT,

but we couldn't get a rip of it at the time...no one had a DAT player! (it was 1999)

I do however have a photocopy of the inlay kicking around somewhere, with the BOC handwriting and all that.

Will try to retrieve from the dark recesses of my room and post a scan for yous.

(not that it is in any way exciting, by the way)

:boc:

PS the video he did for them was not good, didn't suit the track at all...if memory serves I think it was Nova Scotia Robots, but I cannae say for sure...have to cut him some slack tho, he was a student of his art at the time I suppose.

it aint a legit remix

Is this the Alphaquest Mix you speak of, done for a certain Andy Soosay?

I was at art college with Mr S back in the day, and managed to borrow this DAT,

but we couldn't get a rip of it at the time...no one had a DAT player! (it was 1999)

I do however have a photocopy of the inlay kicking around somewhere, with the BOC handwriting and all that.

Will try to retrieve from the dark recesses of my room and post a scan for yous.

(not that it is in any way exciting, by the way)

:boc:

PS the video he did for them was not good, didn't suit the track at all...if memory serves I think it was Nova Scotia Robots, but I cannae say for sure...have to cut him some slack tho, he was a student of his art at the time I suppose.

please post .

major geek fans here

edit: the inlay that is

ps are the dude that uploaded the alpha quest mix for us?

maybe it was that guy you speak of that did it, either way that song is fucking excellent and needs to be released properly. it makes roygbiv and absolutely amazing track to begin with THAT MUCH MORE BETTER

Guest BunnyRabbit

I've got a file called Merck Construct which is just normal Kid For Today but it fades in and is 3:50. I can't be bothered to compare it to the original right now but it sounds exactlty the same as the original. It's VBR average bit rate 76(!?) and it's mono. 2,144 KB 3:50.

Pretty boring.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to see the inlay they made for the Alphaquest Mix.

Found it in amidst all my student art school crap, thought I'd lost it.

I'll post it in next day or so...not that exciting really, save for a rare slice of BoC humour!

I'd absolutely love to hear a rip of this mix - if anybody would post it, that'd be sweeeet.

x

ravedamage

Guest novayshun

I'll post it in next day or so...not that exciting really, save for a rare slice of BoC humour!

I'd absolutely love to hear a rip of this mix - if anybody would post it, that'd be sweeeet.

x

ravedamage

:whistling:

x

ravedamage

You da maaaaaaan!!!!!!

:wub:

xxx

daveramage

ps dinnae forget to check back tomorrow.... :wink: :santa: :sorcerer: :jedi: :innocent: :fear:

Guest boozie

Technically the merck construct is fake since it was put together by a guy on the yahoo message board a while back before the song was released. He just used the clip from their website and looped it. Alpha quest mix is a excellent extension of the original, i'd love to see the video but sometimes images can distort your original impression of things.

I've got a file called Merck Construct which is just normal Kid For Today but it fades in and is 3:50. I can't be bothered to compare it to the original right now but it sounds exactlty the same as the original. It's VBR average bit rate 76(!?) and it's mono. 2,144 KB 3:50.

Pretty boring.

that sounds exactly like mine - i'll upload it anyway at some point...

x

ravedamage

Get in!!!! Love this forum.

I amusually pish at the old upload/linkage thing, so if anyone wants to do it better feel free.

Hopefully here lieth the BOC DAT photostats:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713952/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713954/

A couple of the BoC remarks are quite pithy, IMHO.

Enjoy.

:sorcerer:

I amusually pish at the old upload/linkage thing, so if anyone wants to do it better feel free.

Hopefully here lieth the BOC DAT photostats:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713952/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713953/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90734237@N00/120713954/

A couple of the BoC remarks are quite pithy, IMHO.

Enjoy.

:sorcerer:

If I were them, I'd be a bit creeped out to see this online. No stone left unturned...

Nevertheless, thank you. 'Twas intersting.

INTER STING.

CAPTAIN OF THE SPACE BEES.

Archived