IGNORED

English Football League - 2022/2023 Season

Seeing the end of the 2021/2022 season, I thought I would make a thread for general discussion of English football and the 92 teams from the Premier League all the way down to League Two as this board isn't all that active.

I'm really excited for this upcoming season, finally get to play against Watford scummers in the M1 derby now that they've been relegated from the Premier League, and if reaching the playoffs in the 2021/2022 season is anything to go by, the only way is up. I feel Luton is a really well run club and has both a manager and players with drive and passion. Our squad last season had been bought with only £1.5 million, around 1% of Fulham's and we still made the playoffs!

Hopefully the new stadium will be complete by the 2024/2025 season - I believe they've started demolition already. It'll be a nice change from Kenilworth Road which although is a classic ground, has a capacity of only 10,000 and is simply really old and has been in continous use since 1905. The new stadium will only be 1 mile away from the soon to be closed Kenilworth Road, and technically closer to Luton's main train station, plus the capacity will be somewhere between 17,500 and 23,000 (with room for expansion).

I doubt we'll go up this season but if we can get some new signings in the summer transfer window I'm confident we can build upon last season's performance.

589431475_Screenshot2022-05-25at12_15_22.png.8adbef529c83c81f51c236a91c2f4a09.png

(1) PREMIER LEAGUE - 20 TEAMS:

• Arsenal
  • Aston Villa
  • Bournemouth
  • Brentford
  • Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Chelsea
  • Crystal Palace
  • Everton
  • Fulham
  • Leeds United
  • Leicester City
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Manchester United
  • Newcastle United
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Southampton
  • Tottenham Hotspur
  • West Ham United
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers

(2) CHAMPIONSHIP - 24 TEAMS:

• Birmingham City
  • Blackburn Rovers
  • Blackpool
  • Bristol City
  • Burnley
  • Cardiff City
  • Coventry City
  • Huddersfield Town
  • Hull City
  • Luton Town
  • Middlesbrough
  • Millwall
  • Norwich City
  • Presto North End
  • Queens Park Rangers
  • Reading
  • Rotherham United
  • Sheffield United
  • Stoke City
  • Sunderland
  • Swansea City
  • Watford
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Wigan Athletic

(3) LEAGUE ONE - 24 TEAMS:

• Accrington Stanley
  • Barnsley
  • Bolton Wanderers
  • Bristol Rovers
  • Burton Albion
  • Cambridge United
  • Charlton Athletic
  • Cheltenham Town
  • Derby County
  • Exeter City
  • Fleetwood Town
  • Forest Green Rovers
  • Ipswich Town
  • Lincoln City
  • Milton Keynes Dons
  • Morecambe
  • Oxford United
  • Peterborough United
  • Plymouth Argyle
  • Portsmouth
  • Port Vale
  • Sheffield Wednesday
  • Shrewsbury Town
  • Wycombe Wanderers

(4) LEAGUE TWO - 24 TEAMS:

• AFC Wimbledon
  • Barrow
  • Bradford City
  • Carlisle United
  • Colchester United
  • Crawley Town
  • Crewe Alexandra
  • Doncaster Rovers
  • Gillingham
  • Grimsby Town
  • Harrogate Town
  • Hartlepool United
  • Leyton Orient
  • Mansfield Town
  • Newport County
  • Northampton Town
  • Rochdale
  • Salford City
  • Stevenage
  • Stockport County
  • Sutton United
  • Swindon Town
  • Tranmere Rovers
  • Walsall
Edited by milkface
  • Like 1

TIER 1: PREMIER LEAGUE :: 5th August 2022 - 28th May 2023

TIER 2: CHAMPIONSHIP :: 29th July 2022 - 6th May 2023

TIER 3: LEAGUE ONE :: 30th July 2022 - 7th May 2023

TIER 4: LEAGUE TWO :: 30th July 2022 - 7th May 2023

:aphexsign:Note: Due to the 2022 World Cup taking place in Qatar in November/December rather than June/July, both the Premier League and Championship leagues will be on hold for 4 weeks during mid-November to (supposedly) the first round of games starting the 10th December 2022.

Edited by milkface
  • 2 months later...

Middlesbrough will continue to disappoint, Newcastle United will spend their way to mediocrity, City will win the prem running away and Haaland will only play about half the season but still win the golden boot. 

i hope Derby can make it back to the championship, they did amazingly well considering how many points they had deducted. 

• Like 1

Liverpool & Man City duke it out for the title. Interested to see if Man Utd show signs of progress/improvement under ten Hag.

Arsenal will have some clangers, but otherwise look good, but still not quite there/consistent. 

Kane will be asking why he didn't leave Tottenham at the end of this season.

Good opening (home) game against Birmingham City the other day. A 0-0 draw at full time which is a significant improvement on last season when they beat us 5-0 at home. We signed two new players today (Aribim Pebble and John McAtee) - Pebble seems so sweet, humble and motivated. Recruitment did a good job getting him in from Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent game against Burnley last week, 1-1 draw against an ex-Premier league team is decent! PNE at home tomorrow who we beat 4-0 home and 3-0 away last season so hopefully a 3 points tucked away there.

Hoping Watford lose their game against Burnley that's going on right now.

Jesus fuck United are absolute fucking dogshit. There’s not enough filth in the English language to explain what an utter shower of shite they have produced in their opening two matches. 

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Jesus fuck United are absolute fucking dogshit. There’s not enough filth in the English language to explain what an utter shower of shite they have produced in their opening two matches. 

how about this: lol

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dr lopez said:

how about this: lol

Not filthy enough I’m afraid. 

6 hours ago, iococoi said:

in the meantime

Jesus. War crimes should be reported to the UN. 

On 8/14/2022 at 2:31 AM, chenGOD said:

Diabolical. Next game Liverpool... 

Brentford looked great on Saturday. 

18 hours ago, dr lopez said:

wow united actually looked halfway decent. liverpool looked pretty shitty although diaz seems like a beast

I'm still high off the win. Maguire on the bench.

On 8/17/2022 at 6:49 PM, milkface said:

Luton Town Championship -> League One speedrun 22/23 :cry:

I'm less pessimistic now!!! We just need to stay up until the new stadium is built anyways.

Also what on earth is going on in the prem right now?????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...