IGNORED

Synalegg - hArm0nii tanD3m

d-a-m-o

We return with a new installment of our cd series dedicated to the latest electronic experimentation.
This time we have the pleasure of having Synalegg who has given us an album full of complex rhythms and melodies.

In the artist's own words:
This album can be considered as the last part of an algorithmic trilogy that I started with Computer Series and then Violynt Tropiqs.
The first one was purely computational, the second one was a reconciliation. hArm0nii tanD3m is a collection of remixed computational proposals.
A collaborative tandem with the computer in the lead to execute the program and my intervention afterwards to exploit and remix the captured combinations, ideas, moments.
Sometimes the computer's contribution is the majority (lytUrgii, dytt0, sErp3Ntine), sometimes the scenario and the staging of the captured elements becomes the backbone of the tracks (sisYph3, wat3rl0oh, uBba).
This attempt at re-appropriation was a way for me to create another music that finds its essence in computer otherness.

This wonderful album will surprise you with the variety of new concepts that Synalegg introduces.
I hope you enjoy the trip as much as we have enjoyed the production.

• Like 5
  • Farnsworth 1

Bought instantly, obviously. Can't wait to blast it on my monitors, Synalegg's hands down one of my very favorite electronic musician around.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Re listening to patchwork 01 and 02 and this is so good, such a talented producer.

edit : @Nilany clue about his workflow ? He's working on pure data right ? 100% computer music ? I just listened to all his releases since Beating The Odds and this is top tiers stuff !

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2

100% PureData with 100% custom built... everything (from sequencers to sound generators and processors) . Depending on the project either full raw generative (Computer Series), curated generative (Violynt Tropiqs) or a mix of algorithmic / generative / more traditional workflows (hArm0nii tandD3m). Beating the Odds was first generated algorithmically then heavily edited IIRC.

Absolutely fascinating and diverse creative process, and outstandingly musical result. I hope we'll get to release countless Synalegg records via 3OP, and that I'll be lucky enough to master whatever he asks me to (his mixdowns sound fantastic already, pure bliss to engineer these).

If you haven't already, I urge you to listen to CS, VT and ht as a whole, it's a marvelous ride.

Edited by Nil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

New (free) release

"Mixtape built from forgotten sound material, generated during phases of musical research, coming from different patches, different methods, different periods."

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1