IGNORED

Renaat Vandepapeliere R&S + AFX

aquagak

On 7/17/2023 at 8:07 PM, koolkeyZ865 said:

I'm ignorant to the details of the new Warp contract, but he has acted as a free agent outside of it before with the Soundcloud tracks. I'm pretty sure that using a new/rephlex alias would probably avoid potential legal action from Warp. 

That's my hopeful take, anyway.

Nobody knows about the details of his contract with Warp but he said on the comments they were very unhappy with him for uploading the soundcloud dump. I assume they reserve the rights to release all music he makes as Aphex Twin within a certain timeframe... tho there might by some fudge regarding smaller pressings (Analord 10 and Tsim2/gerald remix both came out on other labels)

SAW85-92 originally came out on R&S so they might have the right to do a deluxe repress type thing with bonus trax (if Rich offers up trax recorded contemporaneously I suppose.) Tho again I don't know the legal rights here.

I think he essentially pushes his luck with Warp and they would rather not resort to legal action because of his status as one of their stars/cash cows. 

• Like 2

I think he’s always pushes his luck with Warp ? Would love to be a fly on the wall when they are having one of their meetings at Warp HQ

First topic of the day, is Mr James and his latest escapade. Fucking lol.

I remember reading a Steve Beckett interview when he dropped Windowlicker Warp had booked him on a plane to the US to do a promotional tour (radio and tv interviews etc) and he didn’t show up to get on the plane. When Warp finally got him on the phone and demanded to know where he was, he replied he couldn’t be bothered because he went for picnic with his girlfriend instead. Wish I could speak to my bosses like that. Legend 

:datboi:

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 3