IGNORED

Ignatius - Weekend Bugs Neutral Drop

Weekend Bugs Neutral Drop

free release. 2 tracks i got tired of holding onto. 

released today 1/24/2024

https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/weekend-bugs-neutral-drop

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, aderei said:

This some soft modular ish?

neutral drop is eurorack modular and waldorf MW XT doing the bell like pad thing. it is one the last things i did w/the eurorack system. so, a few years ago. 

weekend bugs is older and was done with battery, FM 8, and zebra all sequenced in five12 numerology.  it was one of the things where the core of it was kicking around as various sequences for a long time and i'd put it on and let it run to chill out after work or whatever. so.. eek. maybe existed as a nugget like 7 or 8 years ago if not longer then finally did something with it and finished it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@ignatius
Why neural drop is not 17 min long?! 😞 

this (initial) 4 min is just an intro imo

Do you still make music? Btw ive liked everything I’ve heard from you here over the years 

Edited by xox
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, xox said:

@ignatius
Why neural drop is not 17 min long?! 😞 

this (initial) 4 min is just an intro imo

Do you still make music? Btw ive liked everything I’ve heard from you here over the years 

lol.. a friend said something similar about that track. there was a longer version with some other parts but it felt like they were mucking up the core of the track so i got rid of them. maybe i'll tweak the longer version and keep it bare bones and add it to the release. i always feel like it's better for people to rewind than fast forward but also make lot's of 12 minute tracks. shrug. 

anyway.. thanks for the feedback! and yeah.. still making music.. just haven't released any of the more recent tracks. 

• Like 1

Not sure where you were going with Bugs, halfway around 2:30 tho it sounded like it was going somewhere. If it was Ae inspired tho, then I get it now.

Neutral Drop sounds cool in a minimalistic chill kinda way. Punchy sounds. Enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 1:11 AM, LooseLink said:

Not sure where you were going with Bugs, halfway around 2:30 tho it sounded like it was going somewhere. If it was Ae inspired tho, then I get it now.

Neutral Drop sounds cool in a minimalistic chill kinda way. Punchy sounds. Enjoyed it.

thanks.

weekend bugs was a jam session in five12 numerology and is mostly about the synths for me.. the drums are kind of automated in a way.  i don't know what it's inspired by.. it's just what happens when i make music.. but obviously i love Ae.  

On 2/21/2024 at 5:25 AM, neurone said:

very nice tracks ! good work .

thanks 🙂

taking the opportunity to shamelessly bump. still free w/all the other releases on my bandcamp. might have something new later this year.. not sure though. could be a while. 

• Like 2