IGNORED

Guitar Gas (or any content related to guitars)

I have one of these…
spacer.png

I love it but it was never really perfect for me, or practical. The case is ginormous and heavy. I like the feel of the neck and, although it is it’s nice and narrow, though it is a little bit too round. What is nice about the explorer is that, even though it’s heavy, it sits balanced. It also looks pretty metal. I wish it had a tremolo bar. I used to dream about putting a bigsby on it but I don’t really want to make it any heavier. 
If I were to trade it for something, I’m not sure what I’d want. Maybe a fender jaguar/mustang/jagstag/tele? If I got rid of it I’d probably miss it. It pairs well with my Marshall jcm900 tube combo 1x12. 
I also have one of these that I inherited from a family member…

spacer.png

it’s either from 1959 or 1960. It plays/sounds great and is oddly more of my main whip because it sounds good plugged in and unplugged. I worry about breaking it because it is old and actually semi-valuable. 
I also have a 93 Gibson thunderbird bass that a friend dropped in the 90s and basically destroyed it. After I graduated from college and made a little money, I brought it back from the dead and got the headstock repaired, along with some other things. Now it’s good as new except the sunburst has pink stains from it getting waterlogged when my mom’s basement flooded (the case had ugly pink plush lining and it bled into the body). 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

I'm looking to get a tube combo amp for practice and jamming. Since I got back into guitar I've been using the UAD amp simulators that I got. Their Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe is quite impressive imo. The tone, breakup, mic options, and especially how responsive it is to dynamics makes it feel like a real amp, but it's super annoying having to use a computer to play instead of just switching on an amp and also having the real thing.

As far as combos go, the Tone King Imperial MK II looks like the holy grail for today's offerings, but it's a little too pricey for me right now. Will probably get a Fender Blues Jr.

Also been listening to a ton of Django Reinhardt. Insanely talented guitarist. His fret hand was badly burned at the beginning of his professional career, and after recovering, he could only use his ring and pinky fingers for chords, so all his soloing and lead lines are done with only his index and middle finger. Him and his violin player Stephane Grappelli had incredible musical chemistry together. Been going through his multiple volume album set Djangology. The arrangements are all really to my taste. A few acoustic guitars strumming chords in unison, upright bass, Django on lead, and Grappelli on fiddle. Danceable music too for its time. Some enchanting ass gypsy musics.

• Like 1